Progestorone pessaries

BroodyBecks

Mummy to Arabella
Reaction score
Hi there,

This is my third attempt since having my little girl in 2011 altogether 5 mc's and 1 eptopic!
I'm spotting a little which worries me and they have put me on progestorone pessaries.
Where is best to insert them? Vagina or back passage??? Doc didn't say? Anyone else on these due to recurrent mc's? Thanks

I'm on progesterone but take 2 pills orally each day.

I'm taking progesterone throughout the first tri (only one week left thankfully) but mine is in a vaginal gel form x

I had the orion pessaries. I was told to put them up the back end, it worked for me. My progesterone was at great levels and I only used them for 3-4 weeks. I put one in the morning and one at night.

Back end meant less mess and that I didn't have to lay down for half an hour afterwards!

Just try and wait an hour and half or more to use the loo.

Good luck!

I was on them until 12 weeks which was just week. I found it easier to insert them vaginally but found that the waxy deposit ended up all over my underwear and even clothes

It should say on the medicine label. I'm taking endometrin and the label says "vaginal only." Its working great for me. I've only had a little discharge once and it's the size of a flat vitamin.

The label on mine said vaginal as well, but the doctor said to insert into the rectum as they were better absorbed. I'm guessing that's because there wasn't any leakage of the melted pessary.

Either way they dissolve and get to where they should be :)

Uh-oh. Do I have a bunch of powdered progesterone just hanging out then? Eeesh

I take mine in the back end too :blush:.

Directions say vaginally. But I find this way a lot less messy, less likely to irritate my irritable cervix, and haven't had any leaking. I am on them due to recurrent miscarriages as well. A lot of the girls on the recurrent miscarriage thread (miscarriage support part of the forum) take them the back way too.

Back ender here. Wouldn't have it any other way lol. Mine say vaginally only as well. Progesterone was great at my last beta - no discharge, etc.

Thanks girls! Will do the back end from tonight! I had loads of residue in my nicks this morning so think back end is the way forward! Let's hope they work, I'm exhausted from all these failed pregnancies! Spent just over 4 weeks in hospital on and off last year due to mmc and eptopic!
Want a sticky this time! Good luck girls xxx

Broody, if it helps, I lost all of mine before 5 weeks and the cycle with progesterone (used the back way) here I am so I'm a believer!

Ooh congrats on the new sticky bean hun!!!!

I go back door as well. Other way just causes so much mess!
Good luck sweetie <3

Had a bit of brownish discharge tonight, I'm wondering if it's down to putting it in my foo foo last night instead of bum! I'm all worried now as my 2 failed pregnancies last year I had quite a bit of brownish discharge on and off :-(

Hi Ladies - I take progesterone suppositories vaginally at night right before bed. I wear a panty liner for minimal leakage. I am on them until week 12. I have had dark brown discharge and doctor said this type of discharge is perfectly normal. However if you start to see red discharge call immediately. Luckily nothing red. I think you have to do what works for you or what the doctor recommends, as long as the baby and body are getting what it needs you should be good.

Good Luck ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->