Progestrone anyone?

bostonblonde

Reaction score
Just went through lots of testing to see what could have caused my 3 losses, but they found nothing wrong with me. :shrug: So my doctor told me to just try again and hope for the best. But he prescribed progesterone suppositories just in case, which I have with me here...

My questions are:

• How do you make sure you've ovulated before taking them? Should I do basal body temping again?
  • What should I expect in terms of side effects?
  • Does this prevent AF from coming? If so, when do I stop taking them if I didn't get pregnant that cycle?

Thanks! :flower:

Hi hon

I was given progesterone suppositories after I had IVF because the treatment can mess up your hormones.

I would recommend temping to make sure you've ovulated before taking them. Or if you've got a regular cycle you could start them on day 14 - didn't your doc give you any advice on that? It may be worth just popping back to get some clarification.

For some people, the side effects can be similar to early pg symptons. Personally speaking I found they made me gassy and bloated. Other side effects can include tiredness, nausea, tender breasts and mood swings (see what I mean about pg symptons?)

I don't know if they will delay will delay your AF - luckily I got my bfp on that cycle. But, the progesterone did mask the m/c.

I think your doctor should have given you some more info on how to use them. It might be worth calling him??
Oh on a side note, I don't know if yours will be the same but the ones that I was given could be used as suppositories or as pessaries. Personally I found them easier to use as suppositories than as pessaries.
Good luck, I hope that the progesterone works for you and gets you that sticky bfp xxx

I basically was given progesterone for the same reasons as you, 2 miscarriages with no reason.

Yes- I suggest you start charting to ensure that you HAVE indeed ovulated, my OB recommended not taking then until 3dpo to ensure that I have ovulated. The first day I took them I was EXTREMELY tiered I felt like a zombie, having said that it doesn't seem as bad now. I don't have any other side effects but each person is different.

On a side note, the outside of the pill will dissolve slightly then come back out I suggest wearing a panty liner, found that out the hard way at work lol.

It won't prevent AF from coming you should take the progesterone from 3dpo until the time you get your period or until 10 weeks into your pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->