Program to help with pregnancies (venture by students)

itsestherrr

Reaction score
Hello,

I am a student at the University of Maryland who is part of the Entrepreneurship and Innovation Program. I am currently taking a course where I learn about businesses that aim to make a social impact. I am working on a group project right now where we are trying to develop a solution to a concern/problem in which we'd like to help fix that is both technologically viable and economically sustainable. Top ventures may be awarded part of the $50,000 which comes from a seed fund.

My group is targeting pregnant women, especially those who are of lower-income. Better Beginnings is a company dedicated to the welfare and healthy development of underprivileged mothers and their children. Through an intermediary of healthcare providers, the company will provide baby packages filled with diapers, formula, toys, and other basic items necessary for a baby’s first few months. These packages will be an incentive for mothers to visit an OB-GYN, as they will only become available either for free or for a reduced cost when the mothers complete a series of prenatal appointments. The company hopes that afterwards, mothers will form a healthy habit and either continue to visit their healthcare provider regularly or bring their children in for checkups.

I would really appreciate any input on your thoughts and welcome any suggestions or comments! Anything is appreciated as we would love to get input from mothers-to-be on what they think of our company, mission, and structure. We are only students so we are not very knowledgeable about pregnancies. Feel free to leave comments as well on what you think or any suggestions we could implement as well.

Thank you so much!

Also, if you know of anyone that could be of any assistance to our company - either someone who would like to be interviewed or someone that could provide us with advice - that would be great. Any health care professionals would be awesome! Or, if you know of any other websites or resources I could reach out to - please let me know too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->