Progress on all my problems! Yay for LO and I!

BabySeal

Mom of a Baby Boy!
Reaction score
I have been on top of my finances on my own since OH moved out. So I have been able to stay focused enough to keep on top of everything!!

It is SO hard to take care of a LO when you have constant pain and health problems. If it isn;t one thing it is another. But I chug through it and do it!

I love our lives now. And I love my LO so much. I can't believe he is 7 months old already... time really does fly. Life with a baby is definitely different than I ever could have imagined but I wouldn't change anything.

I just have to tell someone about how happy I am that I finally found Dr.s who will listen to me. I am not too thrilled with what had to all be done because it sucks, but it is progress nonetheless and I will be on my way to feeling better.

I saw a sports medicine Dr. as a last resort for someone to take an interest in my sacroiliac joint dysfunction. He gave me steroid and anesthetic injections under live x-ray... and whaddaya know... ITS WORkING!! My pain level is so much less. That procedure hurt, but at least it was quick. I have to do the next side in a few weeks.

And I started seizure medicine tonight :( it has taken me 12 years to find a Dr. who doesn't brush me off with narcotics for a "simple headache". Its not such a simple problem, and I wasn't ok with that I have had chronic headaches for most of my life. It isn't normal to have a headache for 75% of your daily life. And the reason why the abortive drugs don't work is because as he explained it was like using a drug designed to put out a kitchen fire on an entire house that is in flames. So hopefully the seizure meds will tone the excess brain activity down enough to where normal drugs work. This is in addion to taking magnesium and some other supplements. :dohh: I had to get pill boxes to organize them so I can remember.

LO and I are gonna be alright in this mess called life :thumbup:

soooooo glad things are getting better for you and LO hunny:thumbup: and i hope the DRs you now have can help you through the pain your in xx:hugs:

You are such a brave person Hun:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: & all the very best!
xxxxx

:hugs: hope the new meds help.I've been put on Topiramate for my severe headaches/migranes,previous to that I was on 180mg s/r propranolol but that wan't helping.When I have a bad attack I also have to administer a sumitriptan injection to myself.x

Aww thanks for the replies ladies :hugs:

Just me: I am on the topiramate as a prophylactic as well... and toradol injections or one of the triptan tabs for breakthrough.

I am hoping the side effects calm down though, because they are gettin me good.

So pleased to hear things are working out for you hun. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->