Projectile vomit

sweetsammi

1st time mummy and WTT
Reaction score
So Oliver started being sicky on mon..it was quite abit but not loads and he seemed ok in himself. We assumed it was cus we changed his feed to a hungry baby formula..

But our HV advised us to give more of the normal formula before changing to hungry formula, so we switched back!

Anyways, today Oliver is still spewing and had abit of a runny poo. We also noticed his tum makin nasty griping and rumbling noises when he feeds and he keeps waking up crying..a horrible squeeling cry. Took him docs today, he said it sounded like a tummy bug and that we basically just had to let it run its course.

In the meantime I have just fed him and he has been sick like ive NEVER seen. It was loads! Like the whole 4oz of feed by the looks of it. It came out with such force it shocked me. Must of gone at least 2foot. He drenched my clothes and the sofa and cushions. Ive had to bath us both. Now im really worried its more than just a tummy bug and that he could have Gastroesophageal reflux-Would explain why hes so hungry all the while. What u reckon? Gonna have to see how he is over the weekend x:cry:

not sure hun, could just be a tummy bug but if he is still doing the same after each feed for maybe next 2 days i would take him back, he may be lactose intolerant
:hugs:

Alfie did this to us quite a lot at one time, as long as he seems fine in himself and still takes a feed no sooner than an hour after the vomitting (to let his tummy settle), he should be OK, but if you have any concerns hun or your gut says it's not right, then ring your GP straight away! :hugs:x

This is EXACTLY like us!

Runny nappies (still are tbh)
Sick VERY much that I called out of hrs! LOADS of it I paniced all over her, me & moses! I actually wanted to cry!
Grumbling belly - sounds that are very clear making you wonder if thats normal (still hate it)

And now she appears to be settling!

I think it was a combination of change in food & a lil bug! :D

Yeah thats it wobbles. Makes me wanna cry too. And i cannot stand the tummy noises, there awful. Oliver wont stop trumping either. Seems to hurt when he trumps, he screeeches the place down for hours like hes in lots of pain. Nothin we do seems to calm him down. i feel so sorry for the little guy.Im sorry Caitlin is still poorly hun. x

lol Caitlin farts loads and find she sometimes does a little scream before and after and shes quite noisy :shock: I just get told she takes after her Mum :blush:

My OH lifts Caitlins legs up when it looks like shes full of gas seems to help sometimes! Do you try winding him more when he starts maybe a little harder will help?

Caitlin honestly isn't so bad any more - I know this is maybe something you've considered but what is the water like in your area? Hard water tester? What about your kettle? Funny how we sometimes notice things we didn't before like a bit of scale in the kettle etc? We bought a filter kettle.

It is a hard water area so that probs aint helpin things. We takin Ollie docs again this afternoon, hes no better :( His poo has gone green now and he really does seem like hes in pain. Hes not sleepin either. Is Caitlin all fine now hun? x

Good luck at the doctors hun... I hope they're able to do something for the poor little one x

About the wind - hold their legs up as you said Wobbles.. Bethanie farts loads when I do that! shes a windy little thing but luckily, hers has always come out well bar a few times.

Sammi, did you switch quite slowly to the new milk?

How did it go at the doctors hunni? Any luck Xx

Doc still reckons its colic and tummy bug. And theres nothin he can do for him :( He said to bring him back fri so he can check him over again and if hes no better he may send him to the childrens ward for further checks to be sure theres nothin else. Cus he said the colic has been goin on nearly 5weeks now and should be startin to improve but its gettin worse-although the tummy bug aint gonna make it any easier! Doc says Oliver seems perfectly healthy though so thats reassuring. He was takin 5ounces every 4hours, but now hes takin 4 every 3 hours for some reason? Im gonna take him to get weighed tomo so that i can get some advice from HV i think. He is puttin on weight though. His BW was 6lb8 and last week he was 9lb11 so thats good news. I guess if he was v poorly he wouldnt be. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->