• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Properly introducing myself (6 weeks scan pic from today)

crazylilth1ng

Reaction score
Hi ladies.

I am properly introducing myself as of right now. I have known I was pregnant for 2 weeks but was wary of making it "official" until I had seen my baby in the right place with a beating heart on a scan. I had a tubal/ectopic in Feb this year and lost my left tube, so today's scan was a HUGE relief.

By my "dates" I am 6+2 but by the scan I measured "around 5-6 weeks" the sonographer was not able to be precise at this early stage as my cycles are not regular (range from 27 to 31 days so I could be anywhere between 5 and 6 weeks). The fetal pole was teeny at 2mm but there was a lovely strong heart beat (didn't ask for bpm because I do not want to obsess). I am going to keep myself at my original dates till my 12 week scan so I have something to work by.

The sonographer and the nurses at the EPU said that everything looks perfect for where I am right now... so here is my little bean:

https://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n561/christinasofia/forumpic.jpg

Anyway, I feel somewhat happier now I know that at this stage things are progressing as they should.

Waves HI to you all :)

Welcome to first trimester. Thanks for sharing your pics.

weird to look at your scan and think that's what mine looks like. Congrats!

You're right not to ask for the bpm I probably wouldn't either I'd drive myself crazy.

Awww, that little bean is just perfect. Congratulations!

Thanks for the welcome ladies ^_^ I know it is looking ahead and I should be savouring every minute but I can't wait to share my 12 week pic too :)

And tirednurse, your bean might be a teeny bit bigger than mine because they are supposed to grow at 1mm a day by 6 weeks... but they will look similar yes :)

Hehe, I have NO desire to obsess over the beans heart rate!!!

That's lovely! I had my scan yesterday I was six weeks exactly saw the heartbeat and same as u I dodnt ask for the bpm as I didnt want to worry about that!!!!

Lovely :) congrats! Not scan for me til 12 weeks - so hard to wait that long!

Congratulations! :)
Your scan pic looks similar to my first at 5w6d! I went in 2.5 weeks after when baby was 8w4d and it's amazing how fast baby grew.
Wishing you a healthy pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"