Pros and cons of using a Doppler plz

tigerlilly

Blessed with no.2!
Reaction score
Hi i'm thinking of investing in a doppler this time around, how did you find them?

Hi. Someone just posted about this same thing a few days ago but here's my 2 cents :

Pros... you get to hear the baby whenever you want which is a great reassurance.
Cons. .. can't think of any :)

I found mine on ebay for 30$

Hi. It was me who posted about it. Had some really helpful replies. I got one but so far have had no luck finding bubs. My advice would be do not worry if you can't find it. I've put it away for now and will try again in a few days. Xx

personally I wouldn't get one, midwives in UK apparently don't let you regularly hear heartbeat until after 20 weeks as it's unreliable to use until a certain point. Each to their own though, my friend had one and loved hers x

I love mine. I got it with my last pregnancy at 10 weeks. I have a history of mmc though so I needed something to calm my nerves between appt's.

I got one with DD and didn't find her until 15+3 and this one at 8+6.

I think they are great for reassurance. I've had a lot of anxiety with this one, and it's really helped keep my anxiety levels down without having to resort to anti-anxiety meds.

I think the cons are that you may worry if you don't find the heartbeat (most providers don't even try until 14+ weeks, sometimes even later). If it's going to make you worry more, I'd strongly advise against one.

I know this one is probably obvious, but it can be false reassurance. You can't use it diagnostically or to decide whether or not you should call your doctor/midwife. I don't know anyone who has, but just something to always throw out there. Though I do know people who have used their doppler and contacted their provider because of being worried, but if you're truly worried, always contact your provider rather than assuming things are okay because you heard the heartbeat.

Other than that, getting one is really a personal decision.

Thank you everyone I shall have a look for the thread. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->