pros and cons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mischaa

Ttc! No4
Reaction score
so ladies what do you love about bnb and what would you change if you could?

il go first
I love the kind lovley mums
I love being able to help others with things I have been throug
and most of all I love the great deal of support

I dont like the fact that people post a topic and know that its going to cause problems

I also I dont like higher than thou posters that can be very harsh and opinionated I wish they would really think about what they are about to post, I have read some very opiniated replies and harsh advice and judgements on others posts.

but my fave thing is that the majority are lovley suportive down to earth mums who more yhan anything love a good chat

Pros:

I have received great virtual support and made many friends in LTTC.

Cons:

I can't stand it when pregnant (who conceived in a matter of a few months, not former LTTCers at all) women wander into the LTTC and critique us on how we feel, thus causing a flame war. They have no right being on LTTC forum in the first place.

I also don't like how certain parts of BNB, that are supposed to be neutral territory, have become more baby club than they should be. That's what the Baby Club section is for.

i just come here to be nosey and say anything that's on my mind really :shrug: can't think of anythin i dislike.. i love seeing pics of babies of mums that were pregnant at the same time as me though and seeing how much they've all grown :D

Pros:

I have received great virtual support and made many friends in LTTC.

Cons:

I can't stand it when pregnant (who conceived in a matter of a few months, not former LTTCers at all) women wander into the LTTC and critique us on how we feel, thus causing a flame war. They have no right being on LTTC forum in the first place.

I also don't like how certain parts of BNB, that are supposed to be neutral territory, have become more baby club than they should be. That's what the Baby Club section is for.

lol I probably look like a major stalker, but this exactly! :thumbup:

I love the fact that I have found people who know exactly what I'm going through. I needed that because I don't have any LTTTC friends IRL.

The only con I can think of is the one mentioned above...certain "neutral" private sections have turned into a new baby club...I understand if people want to post pics privately, but right now a certain neutral section has at least 7 different baby related threads on the first page *sigh*

other than that I love BnB :thumbup:

The only one that I can really think of is that I wish it was all private so searches didn't come up on google. I like the extra security of GS and its just a shame that not all of the sections have the same security. It would be great as a members only forum as I feel a bit put off from posting in the public sections.

I really enjoy BnB. I think that its very welcoming and opinions are always going to be there, its about understand and respecting everyone.

I also think that there should be a members only type section. I'm not sure how it would work, but then you can privately talk about baby related things. For example, I don't post baby pics, but if I did, I'd only do it in the GS part.

BUT...If I remember rightly I think that only members can see them anyways, but its still a bit more protected in GS.

On the downside of that though, you probably wouldn't have as many people joining etc. I lurked as a guest for about a week before I had the guts to join!

so ladies what do you love about bnb and what would you change if you could?

il go first
I love the kind lovley mums
I love being able to help others with things I have been throug
and most of all I love the great deal of support

I dont like the fact that people post a topic and know that its going to cause problems

I also I dont like higher than thou posters that can be very harsh and opinionated I wish they would really think about what they are about to post, I have read some very opiniated replies and harsh advice and judgements on others posts.

but my fave thing is that the majority are lovley suportive down to earth mums who more yhan anything love a good chat

This topic could very easily go this way!!!

I love BnB as it's nice to relate to people going through the same thing, and get advice from the REAL experts.... parents!

I love looking at the pic in the babywearing section of Natural Parenting, I love the Natural Parenting section all together, there is no other one like it on the net and everyone is so accepting of people's parenting styles, no matter whther they agree or not.

Bad things.... I too find people very opinionated on here and will say something bluntly without explaining, therefore making people feel bad!

x

This topic could very easily go this way!!!

I agree, and it's probably not the 'friendliest' thing to see in the most open part of the forum. I'm sure people are more than able to make their own minds up about what they do and do not like, without any issues being publicly discussed (including discussion of the content of private forum areas which you should know is against forum rules)

Thread locked - if you feel there are any issues the moderating team should be looking in to, then perhaps a pm would be more helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"