Protein in my urine! AGAIN :(

VickyLou

1 beautiful little lady.
Reaction score
Today I went to fetal well being to check babies movements as I do twice a week. Because I was in hospital lastweek with high blood pressure and protein they decided to check today. My blood pressure was 126/78 (I don't understand blood pressure tbh) and I had +1 protein in my urine again. When I had it twice last week they sent off a sample to lab, the numbers should be 21 or under mine were 29 but they told me it wasn't high enough for concern.

I'm due to be reviewed for induction on Thursday, if my cervix is soft enough he said he would go ahead and do it. If it's not he will see me again a week later. Do you think they will just go ahead and do it now? Surely they don't leave me since I'm covered in excess fluid from head to toe pretty much!

I would hope they won't leave you like this- I've seen some of your posts recently about your current situation and I really feel for you :hug:
I don't have any experience with this but really hope you get the outcome you want xxx

I don't think they'd risk leaving it another week, baby is safe to be born now and I'd hope they wouldn't take any chances.

Sorry you're dealing with this :( best of luck!!

I'm reading that some protein in your urine isn't always bad so longs you don't gave other signs or your blood pressure is fine. It's also a sign of a undetected uti but surely that would of been picked up on the sample that was sent to the lab. I just don't want my little one in any danger, it's worrying me that I keep getting protein.

Thanks ladies, I'm so hoping for induction so at least she's hear safe and well. It's a shame cause I would love to go naturally.

I had a appointment with my midwife today she said there was a trace of protein in my urine when I asked her if I should be worried she said no & that my blood pressure was fine (122/74).

they norm send of if + urine. I had + protein one week then nothin nxt with my last preg bp was high an i was medicated, an samples sent but always came back clear. Had her naturally at 39+6. I never get swelling though. I was twice weekly ctg an urine plus weekly bloods right up to labour from 32/34wks. Id hope they maybe will induce rather than leave you as are till full term as pre e affects placenta function so small bubs. Luckly both mine were healthy got home 24hrs after no 2 an i developed severe pre e in labour my son (first preg) an was in a week but i also didnt no anything about babbies lol. Take care hun

they norm send of if + urine. I had + protein one week then nothin nxt with my last preg bp was high an i was medicated, an samples sent but always came back clear. Had her naturally at 39+6. I never get swelling though. I was twice weekly ctg an urine plus weekly bloods right up to labour from 32/34wks. Id hope they maybe will induce rather than leave you as are till full term as pre e affects placenta function so small bubs. Luckly both mine were healthy got home 24hrs after no 2 an i developed severe pre e in labour my son (first preg) an was in a week but i also didnt no anything about babbies lol. Take care hun

They rid send my urine off to be tested, i don't no how they measure it but they said they like to see 21or below mine were 29 but it's not a level to be concerned about according to my consultant but my midwife was concerned so I dunno. I spent 2 days in hospital last week cause my blood pressure was high and protein was +2 in my urine plus ketones. It seemed to settle after bed rest for them 2 days. Had to see midwife a day later, blood pressure back up and more protein, sent back to hospital but sent home cause they wasn't overly concerned. They did a sweep in the hope I wouldn't need inducing. I've been swollen for a few weeks now, I'm covered in fluid everywhere. Midwife said she thinks my kidneys rant working properly but it's down to my consultant to check. I guess I just need to put my foot down on Thursday and hope they bring her. Especially as of my last growth scan 2 weeks ago her weight had took a little decline.

You're really going through the wringer at the moment. I don't have any advice, sorry! But thinking of you xx

Thanks shinona.

I never thought it would be easy lol. I can deal with everything I'm going through I just don't want any harm to come to my princess. I would sooner go natural at 40 weeks but I'm constantly worrying about little one.

def sounds like best get her out sooner than later hun for both your sakes.my last preg my girl was measuring 2weeks behind in all scans i didnt get pre e diagnosis this time. am total freakin this time as alls ok so far bp fine etc but i was same with my first an it all went wrong labour severe pre e. Not nice an it was a case of were we havin no 2 throught that preg. Plus i labour fast an big hosp is 2hrs away an local is 40mins. 10hr first preg 6.5hrs no 2 so potentially 4hra this time an i tend wait hour at home lol. I hope you get anwsers an do put foot down hun. Take care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->