PROVERA...and clomid

musicjunkiee

Reaction score
Ok so I have PCOS and after lots of tests etc, my doc has prescribed provera 10mg for 5 days then on day 2 of my cycle when it comes, takes Clomid 50mg for 5 days.

I finished the provera last night, no dramas, just a bit of cramping but I was sleeping anyway!

How long should I expect to wait after finishing provera to have a period? Bearing in mind that I haven't had one since October.

Also, can you guys share with me any side effects you got with clomid? I'm a little nervous about this as I've done waaaaay to much reading online lol.

Xx

i have only been given provera as i am overweight however i started bleeding a few days after i stopped taking it xx

I'm waiting to start Clomid too, so I don't have any advice about side effects, but I took Provera last month (also not having had a period since October) and I got my period 6 days after finishing the pack.

Provera takes up to 14 days to work.
And the only sides effects I got with clomid were night sweats - and pregnancy :)

Hello there!!

I am in the same situation as you! I took provera 5 days, then af showed up 3 days later, and now i am cd 3 and i am going to take clomid 50 mg 3 to 7!

Usuqlly it is 2 days to 14 days to get your period! It is variable!

Take care!

Boumboum

Ok thanks, nice to know u fell pregnant hopeful! What dosage were u on?x

That's amazing news and very motivating!

What r ur symptoms with pcos like? I have some acne and no periods. I am not overweight or have any facial hair etc, does this mean my pcos is milder than most and may react to 50mg?

I just recently did a round of provera as well. It took me three days after my last pill to start.
I haven't had a period since March of 2012 and my period was not bad at all. I'm on day 5 of my period and it was just normal, not heavy or anything like I expected.

I Also have pcos, I did a round of clomid back in December of 50mg with no luck of ovulation :(

Goodluck on yours!

Keep us posted :)

That's amazing news and very motivating!

What r ur symptoms with pcos like? I have some acne and no periods. I am not overweight or have any facial hair etc, does this mean my pcos is milder than most and may react to 50mg?

I get no periods either- since most pcosers get irregular periods I thought mine must be REALLY BAD. I get some acne and I'm slightly overweight (size 12-14ish)
Thank god I don't get the facial hair!!

Hopefully ill be the same then! I'm on CD1 now, clomid starts tomorrow x

Good luck, keep us posted!
I still have some in the cupboard staring at me- it doesn't expire til 2017.... And I'm clucky..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->