Psoriasis question

LoveMyBaby786

Reaction score
Does anyone suffer from psoriasis?
My husband has bad psoriasis on his head, eyebrows, back, chest and arms.
Does anyone know of any over the counter creams we can try? He lives abroad and doctors there have tried some creams but it seems to clear up then come back after a day or 2.
Thanks

Does he use the creams to prevent too? I have ecxema- not the same thing, but a skin condition that will return if I don't use creams daily. I don't like using the RX since it's got steroids- so I found this one:

Eczemaderm - Naturally Medicated Treatment Cream for Eczema

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0074QNXFW/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But I had to search a LOT to find one that worked for me- so your OH might have to do the same. Just keep trying till one works! I did a lot of online research and looked at Amazon for reviews etc...

I won't be really much help, when I have a outbreak I have pretty severe psoriasis on my scalp, around my eyes and my legs. I've never found anything over the counter that helped get rid of it (although my dermatologist said coconut oil can help) and had to use prescription creams. The one thing I did find that helped was to to try and stop the outbreak from happening I switched to a mild soap with a moisturizer in it and try and use a sulphate free shampoo and conditioner from the salon which seemed to not trigger scalp outbreaks the same. The only thing that has 100% gotten rid of my psoriasis though was getting pregnant, definitely not an option for your husband. :haha:

Thanks for replying :) he has had it for around 10 years now. He uses one cream cannot remember the name but it doesnt work anymore :S will just have to keep looking I guess

i am a psoriasis sufferer and what i tend to do is use an emollient to keep it soft, exfolliant gently everyday, and also take vitamins (because it is recently being more and more widely diagnosed as a auto immunity rather than a skin disorder so trying to keep health in tip top shape is a must) also there are certain foods you eat that can cause flare ups. the only two i can remember (because they are triggers for me) is red meat and gluten/wheat products. so also try avoiding these.
Alcohol is also another one that can cause flare ups and smoking dries out the skin which can make flare ups seem mroe aggreivated.

UV light can do wonders for some people as well (it does for me) and a daily dose of manuka honey (although the best stuff is very expensive)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->