psychiatrists

welshcakes79

TTC + mum to Reebs
Reaction score
has anyone ever been to chat to a psychiatrist? went to dr's today about a rash rhiannon has on her face and ended up bursting into tears for a totally different reason and now dr thinks i might have post natal depression..:(... he is going to talk to my health visitor and get her to call and assess me and see if i need refering.. just want to know if anyone has been to talk to one whats it like and what do you talk about??

You are welcome lovely.

I have only been to a councellor tbh and it did help talking through my problems to a complete stranger x

Do you think you have it??

I ask because adapting to being a Mum can be hard and emotionally challenging... that to me does not mean PND. My HV was concerned about this with me at one point said I looked sad and drained also well tbh I was I was edgy I was new Mum I was tired I was a worrier at every cry & Caitlin was very sicky at the start plus we had problems with the heat & electric in house then ontop I felt YAK about myself. Some bluey moments yes PND no and I insisted that was not the case had I not sank into depression in my past I'd maybe have thought 'oh do I' maybe I did mildly but like I say to me thats just a couple of normal baby blues.

Keeping in mind little rashes and sorts make you worry that lil bit more.

Follow your heart hun if you think yes you do and you'd like to talk to someone then theres no harm going.

Good luck :hugs:

thanks wobbles, dont know if it is pnd, ive got another post on here somewhere explaining my situation at home its under pnd or pst off, think thats why health visitor is coming to assess me to make sure its def pnd before refering me and not just baby blues, stress or plain depression... to be honest Rhiannon is a fab baby, rarely cries, will lay in moses basket for good half hour amusing herself with her mobile so i can do bottles and only wakes once in the night..i havent got any worries with her (except this rash) i think its me stressing over what i might normally cope with if i hadnt just had a baby, but then i wouldnt have to cope with all this if i hadnt have had her ( if that makes sense?) basically in a nutshell its my parents behaviour thats getting me down they think their helping but to me feel like their undermining my confidence and my decisions as a new mum :cry:... and as im living with them at the moment im getting their attitude 24/7..:( im a very unhappy bunny when i should be a happy one and enjoying my daughter) :blush:

p.s. sorry this post was a bit long

Sounds to me like you just need to be blunt with your family & say I know you have the best intentions but please BUTT OUT! Not easy but I think half the problem solved if you do? Will all be forgotten in time.

Tell them if they want to help they could throw the washing in the machine, make some bottles, do the dishes, pop to the shop for you, help you prepare a meal that can be kept in the oven for when your ready - HELP YOU not undermine you!

:hugs: x

:hugs: thanks wobbles. have already tried what you suggested as my sister said the same... result being my mum hasnt spoken to me in 2 days as she is pouting saying that im biting the hand that feeds me..:(...

Thats really naughty of your Mum hun :(

I'm sure she will come around and realise her daughters grown up now & is the one standing in the feeding & raising her daughter life :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->