Pulled calf muscle?

Newt4

Reaction score
So I just need some advise about getting my calf looked at. I havent done anything strenuous just some wii fit step aerobics but my calf is hurting. It doesnt hurt when I am resting although I have had mild twinges. I hurts to walk flex and touch/massage. Its not swollen and my leg looks and feels normal(temp). I had this for 24 hrs and its seem to be getting worse. Should i be worried (blood clot) and go to a walk in or wait to see if it subsides.

Hey Newt4. Which calf is it, left or right? Has it just started today or for longer? If longer, is it getting worse?

I woke up with this too today, I was in panic mode as I've had blood clots but it seems to have eased off. If you're worried hun go to the walk in centre, they can tell straight away if it's a clot.

Left calf and its about an inch below my knee. When pressing along my calf it hurts about 5 inches down long the right side. It seems to be settling walking is still painful but when moving it does seem to get a little better. Also I dislocated my left patellar in December and have been un-active because of the injury. I would go to a walk in clinic but its 1 am.

Left calf and its about an inch below my knee. When pressing along my calf it hurts about 5 inches down long the right side. It seems to be settling walking is still painful but when moving it does seem to get a little better. Also I dislocated my left patellar in December and have been un-active because of the injury. I would go to a walk in clinic but its 1 am.

DVTs are usually in left calf. It will also ease off when you've been walking on it a while if it's a DVT, the same as if it was just a pulled muscle. If you don't have pain in your right calf, and you're not aware of any reason why left should hurt more than right, you should definitely get it checked out asap. Docs won't care if it's a false alarm, best to be safe than sorry.

I've had 2 DVTs in the past, and if you have one your calf will probably hurt more if blood flows into it quickly. If you sit with your leg up for 5 mins, does it hurt when you then put your leg back down to the floor? That might just be me, so I would get checked out anyway.

Tired the elevating and then standing up and the only pain was when I could feel my muscle stretch.

If you had a blood clot wouldnt it hurt when resting?

Tired the elevating and then standing up and the only pain was when I could feel my muscle stretch.

Does it hurt if you press your finger in behind your knee and then run it down the middle of the back of your calf?

I would still get it checked out even if that and the elevation thing don't seem to be a problem. The 1st time I had one I was convinced I'd just pulled a muscle. I'm pretty sure the first day or so I had it, it wore off after feeling worse in the mornings so the elevation thing might not have worked when it first appeared. I didn't go to docs for about a week (till I could no longer walk). When I got there, they rushed me to hospital because the pressure build-up due to leaving it so long meant higher risk of embolism.

Like I said, if there is no reason why one calf should hurt more than the other, you should definitely get it checked out to be safe.

If you had a blood clot wouldnt it hurt when resting?

Nope, when I had them I didn't feel pain when I was lying down. I think I remember the calves felt tight. The second time I remember it being hot, but I didn't remember that from the 1st time. I should think specific symptoms vary for each person.

I'm not trying to worry you - fingers crossed it is just your muscle but early detection is the best way of reducing the risk.

I'll get it check out thanks for the reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->