Pulled muscle in back

jenny82

Reaction score
Help!

I pulled my back last week. Today as I was picking my baby up out of bed, I twisted funny and pulled one side really badly. Been reluctantly sent to bed for the day, but at least it's the weekend so I have 3 days to get better before OH goes back to work.

Anyway, apparently you can't use deep heat or other medicated pads as they have inflammatory stuff in it which is bad in pregnancy. I have taken some paracetamol and have a hot water bottle, but is that all I can do? I am the worst patient ever and just want to be better.. :/

Help!

I pulled my back last week. Today as I was picking my baby up out of bed, I twisted funny and pulled one side really badly. Been reluctantly sent to bed for the day, but at least it's the weekend so I have 3 days to get better before OH goes back to work.

Anyway, apparently you can't use deep heat or other medicated pads as they have inflammatory stuff in it which is bad in pregnancy. I have taken some paracetamol and have a hot water bottle, but is that all I can do? I am the worst patient ever and just want to be better.. :/

Yes anti-inflammatories are bad in pregnancy so I think you're doing all you can.
Also Hello??? Pregnant with #3??? :D

Tried a bath and it did not help at all. What's worse is my little girl just wants me to lift her, 'carry carry mummmmmy!!' and I can do nothing. OH is some help but really, he's not used to our midweek routines so the whole house is a tip!

And oh yeahhh. You could call this one a bit of a surprise. I'm still in shock and it hasn't sunk in really. I don't even have time to mull it over anyway :O

It wont help the injury but pelvic floor exercises are really important to prevent future ones. Mine are really bad and I can feel how I'm using all my back muscles for everything instead of my core :dohh:. My friend slipped a disc picking up her toddler (number 3) and had to have injections for years and finally an operation.

Oh wow congrats!! I can't believe we are together again :)

I am about 9 weeks I think. Found out just before we moved halfway across the country too, so I am just a tad worried about the whole no family-don't know anyone thing!

It wont help the injury but pelvic floor exercises are really important to prevent future ones. Mine are really bad and I can feel how I'm using all my back muscles for everything instead of my core :dohh:. My friend slipped a disc picking up her toddler (number 3) and had to have injections for years and finally an operation.

Ya know, I think that too. I would have considered myself to have a pretty strong core but I can feel myself using my back more. I was also (very very stupidly) shifting a lot of boxes last week and could feel my back every single time. Totally regretting that now :(

Argh this hasn't gotten any better overnight, it almost feels worse. I can't lie down, I can't sit, can't lift children, can't twist. I don't know what to do, I just need to get better now. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->