Pumping mommas...

Cewsbaby

Mom of 2 boys! Hoping for a 3rd
Reaction score
My son was/is a late term premie and we had a lot of issues latching so I decided to pump exclusively to make sure he was getting my milk. I have been pumping since day one and am now 6 weeks PP.

My question is, how long did you pump for and what did you do to boost your supply? I am taking Fenugreek and making lactation smoothies with Flax seed ground and oatmeal.

With DS#1 I also had to pump but thats because he would never latch. Even the lactation consultant couldn't get him to latch so he wasn't eating at all. I tried for months even with pumping and it was a no go the entire time. I pumped for about 6 months and had a 2 month backup supply before my milk dried up. I have just over 3 months frozen now (I am not sure if that alot for 6 weeks PP) but I hate to pump. I want to have at least a 6 month supply if not more so that he can have my milk for at least the first year if I can. Formula is just SO expensive. Pumping just makes me so nauseous the entire time and my nipples are just raw and pink all the time. I have the right size flanges so I know thats not the issue. Just at a loss and need to vent a little!

I might not need any real boost to my supply. I have 500+ bags of 6+ oz of milk frozen and I am running out of room. Its seriously ridiculous at this point. I have no clue where I will store the rest of it. My standup freezer is almost completely full of nothing but milk.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1131.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_1131.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 21
The nipple itself shouldn't be in contact with any part of the pump, so if it's raw and pink and you know it's not because of rubbing then you may have a skin condition or infection e.g dermatitis/excema/thrush. However if it's mostly sore and raw round the areola which does come in contact with the pump, it could mean you're pump (I assume you have an electric one) is too high powered. Can you turn it down to be less intense? Some people think that more power=more milk, but some people actually produce more milk when they turn their pump down...weird as it sounds.

Its from rubbing. I cant go up on the flange because any bigger and its too big an I loose suction. Had this issue last time too. I keep the levels low also. Im definitely suffering from oversupply so it takes longer to pump which I think is causing the rawness.

I am currently breastfeeding my 3rd baby and whenever I feel like he begins to cluster feed, I drink “Healthy Nursing Tea” and my supply goes right up to match his demand. Baby is a preemie and at our last checkup the doctor was thrilled with how well he as grown (beyond his growth curve!) and asked if I was supplementing with anything. Nope! I just have a really good supply.

Im definitely suffering from oversupply so it takes longer to pump which I think is causing the rawness.

I might be being dense....why does having oversupply make pumping take longer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->