Pumping question

bumpin2012

Finally complete
Reaction score
Hi all!

DD is 2 months old, and EBF. I'm pumping once a day to build a freezer stash, so that hubby and I can leave the kiddos with a sitter once in a while. I only started this last week

When I pump the left side, I can see 5 or 6 streams of milk, and can generally pump about 3 oz in 20 minutes. When I pump the right, I can get MAYBE an ounce, and only see 1 stream, and another dribble.

I've always noticed that she seems so much more satisfied and finishes sooner on my left over the right.

My question is, what can I do to improve supply/pumping ability on the right without screwing up my left side? Or is this a case of having a 'meal' boob and a 'snack' boob, and it is what it is.

Thanks ladies!

It is normal to have supply differences between your boobs. If you want to increase the low one, you could put LO on that boob first every time. That way it always gets nursed on, then move to the other if they are still hungry.

I was able to balance mine out for a while when I was paying attention to it. But after I quit, now the more full one is always more full, so it went back.

No big deal.

Also, pumping is a bad indicator of supply. Perhaps one boob responds better to the pump than the other, but they are both the same or more similar while nursing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->