Puree brands in US

optimistic1

Mommy, Daddy, and Nadia!!
Reaction score
Anyone buy their pureed baby food? I will be buying LOs for awhile and eventually move on to BLW I know I can skip spoon feeding all together and just BLW but I want to do spoon feeding first and I won't be able to make my own purees. What brand would you recommend and why? I want the best for my girl even if its a bit pricier. Also should I get organic purees if so why, what's the difference? I won't be starting until December but I like to be well prepared and have a bit of a plan. Thanks for the help ladies :)

I've been feeding her Earth's Best Organic and it's going really well! The only thing in them as far as I can tell is the actual food item (like apples) and water. I just went and bought all of the "First Stage" foods at Publix and they were 3 for $2.19. :)

I'm planning to do BLW from the start, but if I was doing store bought purees I would look for ones that have nothing added (except maybe a bit of water, that's reasonable as in a homemade puree I might have to add some kind of liquid), the ingredients should be what the jar is supposed to be. So a jar of banana puree should just have banana, etc.

As far as organic, you can go all organic or look up the "dirty dozen" list to see what produce has the highest amounts of pesticides. You can prioritize getting those in organic brands but the others I wouldn't worry about as much.

Not sure about when you move onto meats and other stuff though! Again I would learn to look at ingredients lists!

I avoid the Gerber Organic line, as it contains fish oil....I also like the ones that have only the listed ingredient and water ;) I agree that Earth's Best is nice, Beech Nut, although not organic, seems very simple in it's make - up. We do a combination of store and home made puree.

thank you ladies ill definitely be looking at ingredients. when we move onto meats ill most likely do blw jarred meat doesnt sit well with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->