Purple Dilation Line

Haha u ladies crack me up!! Ok where exactly is this purple line supposed to be now?! Ill be checking on a weekly (ok prob daily) basis LOL!

LOL! Wait... WHAT?? I have questions!

"Natal Cleft"? Even at my age, I'd never heard it referred to as anything other than some variation of "crack". Feeling VERY unsophisticated! A purple line shows up, and is directly correlated with the dilation of your cervix?? How have I never heard of that??

Just goes to show... You really can learn something new every day! I have 2 sided lighted table mirror with a magnifying side. YES! I feel so prepared!!! :-D

There is actually a photo on the link that Krulci posted ladies :)

On speaking to my dh he says he remembers the line when I was in labour with ds, currently (32 weeks) the line is really dark purple up to about half way where it is then just pink.
Xx

My hubby checked says there's a line. Idk if he was just appeasing me or what. Lol

This thread is killing me!! So glad I brought this up! :haha: :haha: That being said, I'm totally taking a rear selfie after this post. Definitely thought I was in active labor, tonight. That purple line better have moved after those contractions! ;)

Mummy to be - I think 90% or more women get it at some point in dilation, though most only see theirs after 3-4cm.

Ab75 - this is going to sound crazy, but have him take a picture!! My DH said the same thing until I freaked out (because I had been at 4cm all week!) and the picture he took TOTALLY showed a line that he had dismissed at first. You might just have a squinter like I did! Especially where I have a naturally occurring red line there already, the darker purple line over it was a little harder to see, but clear once we spotted its end.

Haha u ladies crack me up!! Ok where exactly is this purple line supposed to be now?! Ill be checking on a weekly (ok prob daily) basis LOL!

It starts at the rectum and moves upward (north, I suppose) with the butt crack (natal cleft). But like I said, it generally doesn't show until after 3cm, so don't lose hope yet!

Monzter - I'm birth obsessed and am just now hearing about it! Don't feel too bad! The theory is that the more pressure baby applies to your nether-regions, the more blood is pressed outward, appearing in the cleft - or something like that! Lol, the article I posted is really helpful. Check it out!

This thread is killing me!! So glad I brought this up! :haha: :haha: That being said, I'm totally taking a rear selfie after this post. Definitely thought I was in active labor, tonight. That purple line better have moved after those contractions! ;)

Mummy to be - I think 90% or more women get it at some point in dilation, though most only see theirs after 3-4cm.

Ab75 - this is going to sound crazy, but have him take a picture!! My DH said the same thing until I freaked out (because I had been at 4cm all week!) and the picture he took TOTALLY showed a line that he had dismissed at first. You might just have a squinter like I did! Especially where I have a naturally occurring red line there already, the darker purple line over it was a little harder to see, but clear once we spotted its end.

I will do. Thanks xx

So I did the butt check 😳 There's a line hurray! At a guess I'd say 3/4cm so with a sweep booked for this coming Tuesday I shall update you all on the accuracy! Wish me luck! X

Is it just me or is it hard work trying to look at your backside in the mirror? :rofl:

However, I see a purple line :)

I want to join! I had a look this morning & I'm pretty sure there is a line! Exactly where should it start and how far does is go? I'm 37 weeks today. Thanks

This was mentioned in my first labour. I was on all 4s in the bath as had back labour and they were pouring water on my lower back and the midwife commented on the purple line and pointed it out to DH and said I was in transition I think. The point of my life is a bit of a blur but me and hubby were pretty confused as to what the weird purple line was until we googled it lol.

Oooohh Amy fingers crossed.
Lol it is hard work, I had a look but couldn't see a line xx

So I have a definite line. But I can't figure out how dialated I am. Guess I'll find out Tuesday if they check me. I don't know if they will. They aren't big on it.

I just read about this the first time a couple day ago. It's fascinating! Poor DH will be so thrilled when I start asking him to examine my crack in a few months :haha: I had a pair of yoga pants that I suspected would be see-through, so I told DH and a friend that I needed them to look at my butt, and they both got looks of sheer horror. Turns out "Look at my butt" is a much scarier request coming from pregnant women...

I just read about this the first time a couple day ago. It's fascinating! Poor DH will be so thrilled when I start asking him to examine my crack in a few months :haha: I had a pair of yoga pants that I suspected would be see-through, so I told DH and a friend that I needed them to look at my butt, and they both got looks of sheer horror. Turns out "Look at my butt" is a much scarier request coming from pregnant women...

:rofl:

Lol I checked today and my line looked epic but had a VE and apparently midwife couldn‘t even reach my internal OS so not dilated at all lmao

My dh was only too pleased to help :wacko:

Xx

My dh was only too pleased to help :wacko:

Xx

The women at his work don't hold back when they're pregnant. I'm pretty sure DH has heard enough horrible hemorrhoid stories to be a little scared of my butt right now ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->