Pushchair suitable for a toddler and newborn! HELP!

Given the criteria that the second seat shouldn't be too close to the ground, that pretty much rules out the B-dual. It's a fantastic pushchair, but the second seat *is* low (common to a lot of of tandems), and there is no getting around that.

it is low yes, but if u put the soft carrycot in the bottom it is lifted up quite a bit. i felt the same until i tried it. x

How do you find the seat size? What age/size is your toddler? X

What about the Baby Jogger City Select? https://www.babyjogger.com/city_select_lp.aspx The lower seat is at the front (rather than at the back as in most tandems) and although it's probably lower than a "normal" pushchair, it's not as low as some.

If you don't want a tandem at all, the only side-by-side double which converts to a single is the Bugaboo Donkey. It has come under fire for not *really* being suitable for a toddler and a newborn, as the seat unit is quite small, so if your toddler is average sized or larger, they outgrow it very quickly. It's also very expensive, although you might be able to start seeing second hand ones available now that it's been out for a few months.

I bought this one :thumbup: I love that there are so many ways you can position the seats (both babies can face either the front or back) and it converts very easily to a single if you don't need both seats. I took my son out in it yesterday and other moms were commenting on how much storage space I have (fit my huge diaper bag, 2 winter coats, and a shopping bag), so that's another plus.

Oh my that is pricey!! I really like the look of it too. Not sure if I can talk DH round to spending that sort of money though :(

I bought an icandy peach blossom 2nd hand for £550 its as good as new. no scratches or marks. defo worth the money xx

If you search gumtree, ebay and preloved you will find one i did :)
The i candy pear is a double that converts into a single alot cheaper but alot heavier xx

I am having twins and I don't like tandems for the same reason you don't. But since we live in a Victorian terraced house with very narrow doors it was either a tandem or this: https://mountainbuggy.com/buggies/double/duet It is pricey but we think this is the best solution. It might work out well for you too?

Hi
I have an icandy peach that I bought for my first, and with the thought that it could easily be converted to a double when I had my second.

Now that I am expecting again, I dont think this is going to work quite as well as I had hoped. To convert the iCady peach to the double, you have to buy a new "peach blossom" carry cot, as the regular peach carry cot will not work as a double (kind of mad this was not discussed with us when buying it the first time around...)
Also, my son is 20 months old and already the seat of the iCandy peach is quite a snug fit. Admittedly he is quite tall, but I really think 5 months from now it will be touch and go whether he will fit in it or not.

But after all this, I loved my iCandy peach as a pushchair, and it is easiy to use, but just make sure to look into how it converts to a double, and consider how big your first child is.

I should mention that I don't dislike the B-dual, I have one :haha: But I got a great deal second hand too. Out of the available tandems I prefer the Baby jogger city select, but can't afford that price tag when I may not even use the double function all that often! In terms of twin pushchairs, I like the Babyjogger city mini double. You can get a carrycot for it and the maxi cosi carseat can fit on it too. But it might feel a bit weird using it as a single first :blush:

I have just ordered the britax b-dual off lullaboobaby- we got the car seat and second seat free with the pushchair so it was only £369! Mothercare wouldn't price match the bundle which was a shame but I checked out loads of reviews and visited lots of branches to test different ones and this was by far my favourite. It's really easy to adapt and fold away and reclines all the way for bubba. The shopping basket is a really good size and altho the second seat is a little low, there is much more space between seats than models like phil and teds. Lullaboobaby do the range of colours too; I've gone for the purple rain :)

I should mention that I don't dislike the B-dual, I have one :haha: But I got a great deal second hand too. Out of the available tandems I prefer the Baby jogger city select, but can't afford that price tag when I may not even use the double function all that often! In terms of twin pushchairs, I like the Babyjogger city mini double. You can get a carrycot for it and the maxi cosi carseat can fit on it too. But it might feel a bit weird using it as a single first :blush:

I test drove the city select too with a baby and toddler in and was shattered after five mins. its v big and trying to get up curbs its near on impossible. Im not missing it as its a great option but i just wanted something i can do the school run easily and stress free to collect my other children . i wonder if u can use the maxi cosi carrycot on the b dual too using the oyster adapters . as u can put their carseat on. my daughter will be 21 months a big one lol but i need a double as have 4 children so easier to have 2 that i have contained. there was loads of room and more unlike the peach as the hood even goes up higher and legs aren't restricted . good luck finding ur buggy. if u do go for the b dual make sure u get the 2011 model as the previous has some downfalls.

I was worried about the seat size with the icandy pear as well, as the seats are notoriously small. However my friend told me that she uses the Apple seat which is bigger in place of one of the Pear seats and it's plenty bigger for the toddler, so that's probably what I'll do. I really liked the Peach blossom as well, until someone told me that the bottom seat doesn't fully sit up and only reclines? So that's why I went for the Pear as each seat reclines or sits up individually and it's not as one on top of the other as the Peach. Although the Peach is meant to be a lot lighter x

look on ebay for ones you like too. if you don't mind second hand.

I have my Phil and Teds Explorer and I love it. Im using it for Noah now and then baby will go in the cocoon thing I have been given to go undernearth, it will be low but I lov it x

I'm looking for something with the same things as you've said and the best i've found is the icandy peach blossom or pear, but i'll be looking on ebay for mine as i cant justify the full price.

Thanks for this thread... I've been debating what to do also. I have the bugaboo cameleon but.... now we have a little surprise enroute :haha: I was thinking about the donkey - so was good to see some comments on that.

Thinking now it doesnt sound so great!! Other options mentioned have caught my eye though as I really like the bugaboo range and I was more than happy with my cameleon .....but my LO will be 14 mths when the baby comes along, so dont think the buggyboard will be feasable with the cameleon for her as yet :wacko: but another idea mentioned - a carry sling might be an option? have to think it out :thumbup:

I am having twins and I don't like tandems for the same reason you don't. But since we live in a Victorian terraced house with very narrow doors it was either a tandem or this: https://mountainbuggy.com/buggies/double/duet It is pricey but we think this is the best solution. It might work out well for you too?

I absolutely had my heart set on the Mountain Buggy Plus One. But when I got into reading its reviews lots of people had commented that the back seat could only be flat or upright? I think it would worry me to see quite a small baby going from laying flat to fully sitting up :wacko:

I have just ordered the britax b-dual off lullaboobaby- we got the car seat and second seat free with the pushchair so it was only £369! Mothercare wouldn't price match the bundle which was a shame but I checked out loads of reviews and visited lots of branches to test different ones and this was by far my favourite. It's really easy to adapt and fold away and reclines all the way for bubba. The shopping basket is a really good size and altho the second seat is a little low, there is much more space between seats than models like phil and teds. Lullaboobaby do the range of colours too; I've gone for the purple rain :)

I have seen this site-amazing deals! I would go for the purple rain colour too-I love purple :) But I would actually like to see it first. I went to a Mothercare World today but they didn't have one :(

I have my Phil and Teds Explorer and I love it. Im using it for Noah now and then baby will go in the cocoon thing I have been given to go undernearth, it will be low but I lov it x

I was actually looking at the Phil and Teds today and the back seat didn't seem quite as low as I thought. I did really like how roomy Skyla's seat would be :) Oh I'm getting myself more and more confused :wacko:

We had the phil & teds explorer and it was a pretty bad move :nope: Loved it but it was totally not practical unless your LO's dont nap..... :haha:

In double (newborn cocoon mode) the toddler must nap upright. Really uncomfortable for LO, Our Alex woke up crying with sore neck and you cant recline the seat.

In the double chair mode,neither seat can recline - so both LOs have to nap upright. I never realised how bad it was until in practice. Great buggy in theory but it doesnt work for comfort and I had to get rid for both the kids sakes.

Its been replaced with a Baby Jogger City Mini double side by side. Only about 15cm wider than the Explorer which i think is impressive, and its great when i am out shopping, and folds in one manouvere. We use singles when hubby is around

You need to think about what you need, how your day to day works, how the kids nap, if you use a car/transport .

We had the phil & teds explorer and it was a pretty bad move :nope: Loved it but it was totally not practical unless your LO's dont nap..... :haha:

In double (newborn cocoon mode) the toddler must nap upright. Really uncomfortable for LO, Our Alex woke up crying with sore neck and you cant recline the seat.

In the double chair mode,neither seat can recline - so both LOs have to nap upright. I never realised how bad it was until in practice. Great buggy in theory but it doesnt work for comfort and I had to get rid for both the kids sakes.

Its been replaced with a Baby Jogger City Mini double side by side. Only about 15cm wider than the Explorer which i think is impressive, and its great when i am out shopping, and folds in one manouvere. We use singles when hubby is around

You need to think about what you need, how your day to day works, how the kids nap, if you use a car/transport .
I can see this being true. Im not too worried cos Noah will Not nap in the pram, only in car or bed. Once the new baby is old enough to be out of the cocoon bit Im hoping Noah won't need the pushchair and I can just use the P & T as a single pram. I bought mine for £150 off a friend so I know id get almost that back if I needed to sell :flower:

I absolutely had my heart set on the Mountain Buggy Plus One. But when I got into reading its reviews lots of people had commented that the back seat could only be flat or upright? I think it would worry me to see quite a small baby going from laying flat to fully sitting up :wacko:

Gosh that is a shame! I just had a look at the Plus One and at first sight it seems such a brilliant idea but yeah if it only does either upright or flat then that is not so good. I hope the Duet I want isn't like that too. I better check it in person before ordering. Thanks for the warning! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->