Pushchairs at dawn!

Athena

Mum of 3 :)
Reaction score
In waterstones today, it's near on impossible to negotiate around the shop with a pushchair.

Anyway I'm weaving in and out the books piled on tables and the people amongst them and there's this pathway I can walk up there's this woman stood with a toddler in a pushchair at the other end. Bear in mind I'm constantly saying 'thanks so much, excuse me please, ooops sorry' trying to dodge all the people I am obviously flustered at this point. And the woman stood there looked at me, shook her head and tutted REALLY LOUDLY!

Wtf!??!

Surely, there should be a bit of understanding there? I couldn't believe it, I was so mad and embarrassed I didn't say anything but wish I could have thought of something to say. It made me so angry, I would never do that!! I don't know why she did it but she could see I couldn't go backwards as I couldn't turn round but she had space to wait there.

Rant over!

Annoying!!!

I'm frequently bashing into things, only recently I wiped out a whole display in WH Smiths. Oops.

I'm always saying excuse me, oh sorry could I squeeze past. When someone forces me out of my line of space I say "oh don't worry I'll move!" (Usually a childless bloke forcing me to walk on the roadside of the pavement :growlmad:

'tis the season - to be an asshole

was at walmart yesterday and about every two minutes me and oh would just look at eachother and burst out laughing at how douchey ppl were. i am so done with shops until the new year

Hun do u remember what it was like to have a toddler? We are unstable :)

Annoying!!!

I'm frequently bashing into things, only recently I wiped out a whole display in WH Smiths. Oops.

I'm always saying excuse me, oh sorry could I squeeze past. When someone forces me out of my line of space I say "oh don't worry I'll move!" (Usually a childless bloke forcing me to walk on the roadside of the pavement :growlmad:

I'm thinking maybe I should toughen up a bit! It was embarrassing though, our back wheels sort of locked as we passed each other :dohh:

'tis the season - to be an asshole

was at walmart yesterday and about every two minutes me and oh would just look at eachother and burst out laughing at how douchey ppl were. i am so done with shops until the new year

Next time I'm using the sling!

Yeah I've given up with the pram now. I only go places that I know have trollies that I can put LO in. Then again I've done most of my shopping online due to this very reason, people are sooo inconsiderate it's unbelievable.

All hail the sling.... Honestly, I don't miss the pram, for precisely this reason. DS3 is twelve weeks now, and hasn't been in the pram once. If I didn't gave two toddlers too, I'd sell it xx

Try it with a double! I did and won't be doing it again, not until the bloody tiny spindly display tables bearing a couple of books taking up every available bit of floor space in there are removed. I went in Waterstones last week (love going in there too) with my single and I could hardly get out. I said "excuse me/could I just squeeze past please" and was greeted with an incredulous look by a miserable middle aged man. I just said to him so politely "I don't want to go over your toes, sorry!" Smile on my face and he blushed and moved a couple of inches, thanks ever so.

Sue, that made me laugh about the stand in WH Smith, my local branch is so cluttered and I nearly did the same. Glares all round from the shop assistant. :rofl:

I'm a bit embarrassed to say that if I saw someone ploughing through the shop with a pram while I'm stood waiting patiently (or not so patiently!) to get through myself - I'd probably have tutted rather loudly too!

I'm a bit embarrassed to say that if I saw someone ploughing through the shop with a pram while I'm stood waiting patiently (or not so patiently!) to get through myself - I'd probably have tutted rather loudly too!

Yes but I wasn't ploughing I'm so polite it's ridiculous, I apologise to my own shadow!! And she wasn't waiting patiently either she was rolling her eyes as of to say look at this dumbass!

Try it with a double! I did and won't be doing it again, not until the bloody tiny spindly display tables bearing a couple of books taking up every available bit of floor space in there are removed. I went in Waterstones last week (love going in there too) with my single and I could hardly get out. I said "excuse me/could I just squeeze past please" and was greeted with an incredulous look by a miserable middle aged man. I just said to him so politely "I don't want to go over your toes, sorry!" Smile on my face and he blushed and moved a couple of inches, thanks ever so.

Sue, that made me laugh about the stand in WH Smith, my local branch is so cluttered and I nearly did the same. Glares all round from the shop assistant. :rofl:

Oh hun I know! When my older to were babies I had a side by side one, how the hell I ever managed to go anywhere is beyond me. I must have had absolutely no shame back then as I can't remember feeling like I was always in the way..this time it's different I get so flustered and can feel people glaring at me. Think I need to man up lol!

Yes but I wasn't ploughing I'm so polite it's ridiculous, I apologise to my own shadow!! And she wasn't waiting patiently either she was rolling her eyes as of to say look at this dumbass!

I know but when you're out with your pram its every woman for herself :lol: My heart can't take the stress - I take the Caboo!

It was terrible, Hungry Catapillar box sets and baby books went everywhere. And my face went beetroot. I haven't been back :dohh:

I know but when you're out with your pram its every woman for herself :lol: My heart can't take the stress - I take the Caboo!

Oh gosh I am not going near there again with my pram. Soooo embarrassing :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"