Q about private renting

EllaAndLyla

Earth and Angel mummy!
Reaction score
If me and my OH and Lyla move into a 2 bedroom flat, private rented for around 800PCM and my OH works 20 hours on minimum wage a week (£6.08 an hour), would we need to claim housing benefit? xx

Yeah you will be entitled to it and help with council tax. If you go to entitledto.co.uk(google it as it might be gov.uk) you can enter all your info and it'll tell you what help you can get xx

entitledto is good but don't take the figures as gospel. they can change slightly. :flower:

BLOODY HELL you would get a small mansion for 800 here .... but yeah you would obviously need to, there is no clear way you would afford the rent otherwise, or did you mean, can you claim ? :) then yeah likely! i don't know housing prices in your area, but here they only cover up to 500.

EDIT: just noticed your location is London, so yeah i would think you would have no problem getting the rent :) x

Yeah I think the different councils set HB rates individually, to reflect regional rent price differences? So if the OP is in London, the max HB amount would be more than in a lot of areas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->