Q for 2nd/3rd etc time moms about BH

qpaulina42

Reaction score
My BH feel like mild contractions. I didn't feel them at all with my first, and I have been having them A LOT with this one. When I told my midwife they feel like contractions she didn't believe me, told me they should be more like cramps. They are not, definitely like contractions, just mild (like early labor). I have another appointment today and I am having a lot of BH but I feel nervous about bringing it up. I wanted to see if any of you feel BH and if they feel like contractions to you or not. Thanks!!

Yes. Mine felt that way as well. I toughed it out for four days because they would come and go throughout the day, and finally went in for my regular appointment. My OB hooked me up to a machine to do a non stress test, and low and behold I was having contractions every 2-3 mins. They were just the mild ones so I wasn't sure if they were actual contractions or BH's. He then put me on medication to relax my uterus and they have calmed down a lot. They haven't gone completely away, but it made it better.
If you feel you are having contractions, then yes def. bring it up again. maybe she will listen to you this time.
Good Luck...

oh wow! I'll make sure to mention them then. I've been timing them today just so I can give her more accurate info and also to reassure myself. So far they are about 15 min apart :( I hope everything is ok in there. Now I'm kinda worried. I thought they were just BH...

My BH never feel like contractions with any of mine, just like tightenings. But with my sister they did. She found them really uncomfortable and described them at a mild period-type pain.

Mine are definitely like mild contractions. They get stronger the more babies you've had. I am currently pg with no.7 and have been experiencing really quite painful bh's for a few weeks. Don't worry...it is just your body getting ready...if they are more like that, I expect your labour, when it starts, will be quick :) xxx

Mine feel like contractions but all at the front, no back pain. There's no pattern with them however.

I never had braxton hicks with my first either, or at least I couldnt feel them. But this time around I feel them all the time, and its seems like every week I progress in this pregnancy they get more and more intense. They aren't painful just very noticeable!

so I mentioned them to the midwife again and she told me to drink more water and lay down (hahahaha!) but it did seem to help a bit. thanks ladies! I was a bit freaked out yesterday cause they were pretty regular at every 15 min

Thanks for asking this one. I'm 34 weeks with #3 and my BH keep getting stronger and stronger and every once in a while one of them will take my breath away. They don't feel like "real" contractions, you know, in active labor, but they are definitely stronger this time around.
I don't think there's any rhythm to them or regularity and about one day a week (give or take) baby will shift out of its normal position to be lying a little more transverse than head down, and they'll be downright painful most of the day. And more frequent.

so I mentioned them to the midwife again and she told me to drink more water and lay down (hahahaha!) but it did seem to help a bit. thanks ladies! I was a bit freaked out yesterday cause they were pretty regular at every 15 min

I'm glad you mentioned it, because it's better safe than sorry. And I'm glad you found something that worked, and is an easy fix. Isn't 3rd tri fun? :dohh:

I've been getting them the past week or so. They're painful - not near as intense as real labor, but it takes my breath away. The tightening is only at the front though. Sometimes I'll get them back to back, but mostly it's random.

Mine hurt like mild contractions, sometimes just like tightenings, also sometimes an awful back ache. When any of these occur I check my tummy and if it's hard as a rock I know they are BH

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->