Q for all you babywearers... Ideal sling for a newborn??

Joyzerelly

Mama to two darlings
Reaction score
I really want to baby wear, in the house etc... but despite having looked through the review thread I still don't have a clue about which one to use.

My criteria are that it needs to be appropriate for a newborn, supportive of the head and neck and really comfortable for me or OH to wear.

It would be ideally something that can 'grow' with the baby and last a long time and must be easy to put on/ take off.

Many thanks! :flower:

I find my maya ring sling is perfect. Very simple to use and comfy for both of us. and it has a handy little pocket for bits and bobs too x

I asked the same a while back and the majority vote seemed to be for the Moby :thumbup:

xxx

i didnt have it from newborn, but i have the close carrier and its fab, it does loook really supportive for a newborn though, ill def use it for LOs siblings

I used the Close Parent sling from newborn and I love it!

I would recommend a Kari-Me it has been excellent with both by babies, jasper was in it on day 2 and just loved it.

I have a Moby and while we both like it, it still can take me a few minutes to get it on. Great for going out, slightly less great for around the house.

I loved the Moby for when Emma was little- super snuggly and comfy for both of us :thumbup:

I am a sling addict and have tried a fair few. I'd say for a newborn Moby. If you then want something easier to put on a Mei Tai like a Babyhawk is very good, but not snuggly, and i wouldn't have put my newborn in it. The problem with the Moby, Karry-me and the Close slings is that they are stretchy which are ideal for a newborn but not so good when they grow, get heavier and more wriggly.

Good luck, babywearing is fantastic, I've loved every moment of it.

I have done a lot of searching about this and a friend has a freedom sling. it looks great for from birth to toddler

I would absolutely rec a moby. Fab for a squidgey newborn and my baby is now 14lb and is still so comfy so is definately going to last ages. You get really fast at putting it on and you can leave it on all day and just pop them in and out when you want.

i have a moby, once i got the hang of it i loved it. still do xx

if you want something to last then i would recommend against a stretchy wrap or close carrier. They are not usually supportive enough after the first 6 months, which is when most mamas move onto other things. I used a woven wrap from birth with Noah (i was used to wovens already though and didn't like stretchies), ringslings are fab from newborn to toddler, you have to adjust them correctly to support a newborns back correctly but it's not that difficult, and it would only be suitable for shorter carries as your LO got older. Another option is the ergo which you can buy a newborn insert for, it is quite low in the body for bigger toddlers though, or the manduca which has an infant insert. There are others with an insert such as becos and O&As but from personal experience i would recommend the manduca :thumbup:

The other option is to buy a stretchy now then replace it as your LO gets older. Slings hold their value well so you should be able to get most of your money back if you sold the stratchy on :)

I use an Ergo with the infant insert. I'm not sure how you intend to use it, but if it is for walking long periods like I do (2-3 hours with my dog), an Ergo has great support for both baby and you.

If you want the sling for around the house, etc. I don't think you can beat a Moby! Or so I hear, I don't have one... yet :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->