Q for vickie or babies with small milk appetites...

ryder

Mum to Jasmine & Peyton
Reaction score
How much were your babies drinking at 3-4 months? Since having reflux Jasmine has pretty much decided she doesn't want to drink alot of milk... This has been going on since she was 2 months.

She is loving food though. Shes been on rice cereal for almost 2 weeks and has tried a tiny bit of applesauce.

I know they say the min they are supposed to drink is like 30oz or something? But she wasn;t drinking even that before... She is still drinking what she was at 2 months though, she didnt put on any weight from 2 months-3months.. That was before she started the rice cereal.

Hannah has NEVER eaten more than 24 ounces unless it's a growth spurt and she's always gained perfectly. She was a bigger baby at birth too and according to whatever chart thing that babies are supposed to eat X amount more than their weight, hasn't ever happened for us.

I'd say around 4 months we were at 20-24 ounces a day, depending on the day. That was right around the time she caught her first cold though and had her shots after she got over the cold so getting bottles down her was a nightmare.

Now that she's weaned she's actually stayed pretty consistently at around 22-24 ounces of milk plus all of her solids.

Honestly I take more into account the overall weight gain rather than month to month. And overall Hannah's gained weight and gotten longer etc. If she went for several months without gaining much/gaining length than I'd worry.

There were a few days when Lola drank less than 18oz a day! At 3 1/2 months!
Her weight gain is quite slow to be honest and she barely gained any in the last month.

I now started her on baby cereal a few days ago and it she definitely took to it. Yesterday she had 19oz plus baby cereal. I mostly started her on it because I'm hoping it will improve herweight gain, thats atleast the advice I got from her doctor...

Thanks... I guess im not too worried, she pees lots and usually has 1 poop a day... She only gets about 4 teaspoons of rice cereal and its mixed with lots of formula... I split it up too, 1 meal in the morning and 1 in the evening... Breakfast she is getting 1 teaspoon rice cereal with 1 tablespoon applesauce, and then at dinner she gets the rest of the rice cereal.

Hiya

My lil un isnt a big milk drinker neither!

She was born big 10lb 7oz- gains weight extremely slow! she weighs under average.

She used to guzzle 25-28oz and over the months it was less and less and was diagnosed with reflux also. At almost 5months, she drinks around the 20oz mark, sometimes as little as 15oz! Amazingly sleeps through too!

I was told by HV that she may only need just the 20oz of milk. Im also weaning her early with baby rice and pureed veg, but always make sure she gets at least the 20oz.

I was thinking about this and the times Hannah feeds best is when she's sleepy. If we try to feed her right after she's gotten up from a nap most times she refuses the bottle after a few ounces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->