Quadruple Screening Test??

Glitch

Mummy and expecting!
Reaction score
We were due for our 12 week scan on 25th May. Had to call up and cancel as we were on holiday at the time - was only able to get through to an answer phone.

Never had another appointment come through or any contact at all.

Finally managed to chase it up - I can't have the same screening that I would have had that day, but they've made me an appointment for Quadruple Screening Test on Monday afternoon.

I've never heard of this. I'm looking around on the internet but I still don't know much.

Will we still be actually getting a scan and a chance to see the baby with it? I'm so paranoid anyway because I don't "feel" pregnant that I really just want to see it and know that everything's fine :nope:

the next scan is at 20 weeks (5 weeks time) if not :nope:

Have u heard from your Midwife yet? You could always give her a quick call & ask what the tests involve? The standard NT scan with nhs can only be done up to wk 14 i think.. i really wanted to change my ngs 12wk scan - i tried for 3 days to get through to the ultrasound dept & finally i left an answer machine message, noone to this day has ever contacted me either, annoying pfft!

The midwife put me through to the person that made this appointment but it took all day to get hold of them. I wouldn't fancy my chances of getting through again before Monday - i'd been trying for about a week :wacko:

I think I had the quad test during my first pregnancy as my hospital didn't do NT at the time. If so, then it's a blood test which screens for Down's, no scan involved. I had mine at 16 weeks, does that sound about right?

Yep, sounds about right :( I should be about 15 weeks if we've worked it out right.

I care more about the scan than the screening though - I didn't even realise the screening was optional.

Hi. At my 12 week scan the baby wouldnt cooperate so i was called again for the Quad test.
This was on Tuesday. (Im 16+6 today) I had a scan where she took measurements and correctly dated me. Had a quick look round to make sure everything looked OK. I went to have bloods taken immediately after. Results in 2 weeks through the post.
The quad test is not as accurate as the NT and can only test for Downs not Edwards and Patau's

Im in Bradford.
Hope that helps xx

Ahh thankyou.

I'm really hoping they will do a scan. I can't stop expecting something to be wrong (doesn't help that i've been using the home doppler and still not found a heart beat - I had no problem at all finding it in the first pregnancy), I'll feel so much better when I can actually see the baby and know everything's going okay :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->