Queen's Jubilee

lousielou

Mummy
Reaction score
Are you doing anything for the Queen's Jubilee next weekend? If you are, are you doing it because you think "Yay, let's celebrate the fact that she's been our queen for 60 years" or are you thinking, "Yay, it's a day off work and an excuse for a party"? :flower:

We're going to an afternoon tea party at our village hall. We're going because we would like to be sociable and we think the boys will have fun - I don't really give a damn about the queen if I'm honest! :lol:

Well on the Tuesday I am getting up at 4 am to watch the 3 liners come into port (Im going alone so will be nice sunrise and great to watch/photograph). Then that evening we they have a red arrows display and fireworks.

Think there are a few street party's around in the village.

Next saturday is harvey's birthday party,but at work I'm dressing up..I have my flag boppers ready :haha:

I think the Royal Family are great,they cost us each something like 66p a year,but look at the tourism they bring to the country :)

xx

We are having a street party for our estate in the village, nice and easy for me as it is being held in the "car park" where we normally park outside our house. So just stepping outside the door and hitting the party.

We are hopfully going down with some of the canal boats as part of the floatilla but ill probably have to work

well the monday is the Surrey County Show so it will rain like it has every single year for the past god knows how many yrs....

then Tuesday its a bbq at my mums just because we can...

well the monday is the Surrey County Show so it will rain like it has every single year for the past god knows how many yrs....

then Tuesday its a bbq at my mums just because we can...

That reminds me saturday is the black cherry fair, I normaly stay clear of the surry show.

For those of you interested there is a documentary on Channel 5 at now about the Queen.xx

Well on the Tuesday I am getting up at 4 am to watch the 3 liners come into port (Im going alone so will be nice sunrise and great to watch/photograph). Then that evening we they have a red arrows display and fireworks.

Think there are a few street party's around in the village.

This sounds lovely!! We have a bonfire and firework party at a park in town so we are going to go there on the Monday and then on Tuesday the area i live in is having a jubilee festival! SHould be fun!

My auntie is having a big jubilee party at her house - basically. A street party but in her garden, with banners and bunting and proper tea party food like sandwiches and sausage rolls and jelly and ice cream. Getting my LO a London themed dress and a red white and blue cardigan from Next, she's going to wear it for the jubilee and when we go and see the torch go past. I'm quite pleased all these things are happening in our country in my daughters first year, itll make for some interesting stories and memories when shes older!

Not sure about Monday but I'll probably be working knowing my work, if I'm not me and oh will probably just spend the day together and watch some jubilee related stuff on tv. Tuesday I have a diciplinary hearing at work which should be fun:dohh: not sure if I'm working as well but wouldn't be surprised. So yeah not a lot really. Bank holidays suck for me at the moment as I seem to be working them all this year! Hope everyone else has a good jubilee weekend though!

Im going jubilee mad. Im no royalist but love seeing pictures of coronations etc and people celebrating like that.

On the sunday were going to a big Jubilee picnic with bands, going to do a big British picnic (cucumber sandwiches, eton mess etc) and then on monday going to community party thing.

Going to do lots of crafty things this week aswell.

Its my bday on sun (3rd) ill be celebrating that. Stuff the queen

In all fairness i dont know much about politics but has she really done anything in these 60 years thats worth shouting about :shrug:

The queen works very hard everyday and not many people can say that at her age!

I dont think there's any celebrations up here :(

The queen works very hard everyday and not many people can say that at her age!

I dont think there's any celebrations up here :(

What does the queen actually do though??? As i thought she had to get gov/parlimant to agree to everything. But gov/parliment can do stuff without her???

Like i said i dunno much about it. Just thought she didnt have much of a say now

I thought she could stop them passing a law?:shrug: I might have that wrong though...

https://www.royal.gov.uk/HMTheQueen/DayInTheLife/Queensworkingday.aspx

Absolutely nothing connected to the Jubilee. Not a Royalist and it is not something I would celebrate. Not aware of anything happening here tbh.

I'll be in Liverpool with my OH from the Monday to the Thurs, we booked before I knew about the Jubilee, I'm not interested in any of it : /

We are leaving the country...lol very patriotic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->