Question about baby's head on cervix

butterflywolf

Reaction score
So I am 29 weeks, measuring about 31 weeks. Baby's head is down already and quite low, like already on top of cervix. The past week or so I have been getting 'lightening like bolts' on my cervix. This morning it's been just that (for the past hour).

Is baby just using cervix as a good pillow? I didn't have any of this with my daughter.

It is just your baby's head bonking on the nerves down there, sending little 'lightening' feelings. I had it really early on with my first baby, completely normal!

Started having this at maybe 33 weeks with my daughter, but it didn't last very long. It was one evening where I was having consistent "lightening crotch" pains but then they stopped and I didn't have them anymore that pregnancy (that I can remember). This time I haven't had the same feelings...but it does feel like baby is headbutting my cervix (or what I think it is my cervix) sometimes.

I experience these lightning bolts as well from time to time. Sometimes they really make me stop what I'm doing and catch my breath. Luckily they never last long.

I get kicked down there on occasion. Very uncomfortable!

I went to l & d this past weekend for monitoring and I was told those pains are from ligaments stretching and getting ready for baby. My baby's head is also really low.

I've had these off and on since about 28 weeks as well. Sure does take my breath away!

Yep, I had this with my son. Their head is putting pressure on the nerves in your cervix and it can give you that 'lightning crotch' feeling. It's common and nothing to worry about, even if uncomfortable!

Thanks ladies. He kind of backed off on the cervix today thankfully. He did a few good ones that stopped me dead in my tracks, but nothing like yesterday. Hopefully it's a rare thing for him, but time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->