Question about bleeding/passing fetus

mummof1

Reaction score
Hi ladies , so as you know I had a MMC. Baby passed away around 8 weeks. It was found out at our dating ultrasound around 9.5 weeks. I had no bleeding/spotting .
When I was 10 weeks I saw my OB and she talked about misoprostol which I decided was what we wanted to do.
Anyway I took the doses 6 days ago and I had very heavy bleeding with severe cramps, then bleeding stopped. Then it started again but would come and go randomly. I passed several very large clots around days 3-5.

I never passed something that looked like a sac or fetus though so my question is could I have passed the baby already without really knowing it?
I'm still lightly bleeding now. But it seems to be tapering off.

Hi Mumm I replied to you last week on another thread hun x hope you're ok hun and sorry for your loss xx I have had 3 missed mcs now with the last one ending 11 days ago at 10.5 weeks (after seeing hb at 7+2 weeks). With my second mmc last year I took misoprostol on the Friday evening and went back to work the following Thursday thinking it was all over but then I passed the sac Thursday evening walking to the hairdressers. That meant I passed the sac on the seventh day so it might still happen hun or you could have passed it already.

Good luck hun and sorry again for your loss xx

Hi hun. My friend had a mc at a similar gestation to you last year. She had bleeding but no clots- didn't think she had passed the baby, but in the next scan baby had gone. They said sometimes you can pass it without noticing (my friend said she checked every time) or sometimes the body reabsorbs baby. Xx

Thank you for replies . So it is possible I passed it already or maybe it will happen soon. I'm hoping I already passed it without realizing it.
Just want to move on from all of this:(
Yet I am pretty terrified to try again anyway

I went back to work Mumm thinking that I had passed it (although I hadn't seen anything and had been checking) then sorry for tmi! walking the next evening I felt a clot come out and it caught in my pad & when I got home I checked and it was the sac and a tiny tiny foetal pole. I was shocked to see it as I thought it had absorbed but glad to say goodbye to it. In my miscarriage 11 days ago I was heartbroken as I checked thru the toilet but there were to many clots to find the baby. : (

That's what I'm really hoping does not happen !
I'm a kindergarten ECE teacher so back to work on Tuesday. If that happens at work I'll be so upset :(
Sorry for your losses :( :(
Are you going to try again ?
I feel so lost ! All I can think about is having a healthy pregnancy yet I feel so discouraged thinking it isn't going to happen .

Yeah it was definitely a shock hun. It may not happen to you as you may have reabsorbed it already. At least you can be prepared now and have some tissue with you at all times in case you feel something like that happen. How is the bleeding? I found with mine that it was consistently normal / heavy from the Friday to the sac coming out on the Thursday then tailed off after that but didn't you say you had a couple of days of clots already hun? So you might have passed it already?

I'm cd11 today. I'm feeling a bit heartless as I'm trying to work out when I can dtd again. I'm tearful still over stupid things and when I think about the little baby that I just lost but I'm already testing my hcg to zero with pg tests (it was around 20 yesterday) and waiting for af. I'm 44 in October though and trying to conceive my last child and finish my family (if I can) so I don't have the luxury of time!! How are you doing hun? If it's any help this time around I found the first few days of mc hideous but each day has gotten easier bit by bit xx

Sunshine we are ttc straight away too- we did after losing our daughter, and our first late mc.
I don't think its heartless- you're not replacing the bzby you just lost, it's a natural instinct to want to try again for alot if people I think.
Personally I'm as ready now as I will be in 3 months so there's no logic (to me) to wait. I know not everyone's reDy this soon but it's tight for us.
Mumof1 I hope next week at work is gentle on you xx

Yah I will try and be ready just in case .
The bleeding was heavy but I felt it came and went because all of a sudden there would be crazy gushes for ex. When I stood up or sat down to use the toilet.
I definitely passed huge clots that weren't just blood clots it was like tissue maybe placenta, very gross looking. Now I'm barely spotting .. It's only day 6 so I'm expecting there to be more.

My doctor said if I'm not bleeding at my follow up appointment she won't do an ultrasound so hopefully if it stops before then it's actually finished ! My follow up is on the 14th.

Then I think we will wait for my next period and decide if we are ready to try.
I was thinking of asking my OB to send me for a couple tests to rule out any kind of blood disorders or hormone imbalances .

Have you had any tests done ?

It's so emotional because you're grieving yet planning a new pregnancy at the same time
I just know I won't be happy until we are trying again.

Loraloo thanks for your post hun I have been feeling guilty for picking myself up and dusting myself off and getting back to it. My recent loss has been very tough both physically and emotionally but I just think I probably only have another 6 months to a year left to try if that and I just want to give it the best shot I can and if it works I will be over the moon and if it doesn't at least I tried you know .... did you get rainbows then in between your losses hun? I'm so sorry for your losses - later losses must be so much harder hun big hugs to you xx

Mumm you may have already passed the sac hun if ur already spotting and you had some large clots placenta type stuff. If you're back to work Tuesday could you try to go for a longish walk tomorrow (that's what did it for me before) & see if it helps dislodge anything else? Gravity might help to get any final large bits out -- btw I am so sorry to be writing about your loss like this as it sounds so impersonal sorry hun xxx

To answer your question I haven't had any tests. I have 3 LOs and trying for final LO if I can. My hormones are all good etc but for me it is egg quality. I have been trying for 2 years for last LO and I have had 3 cps, 1 mm, 1 ectopic & my loss after seeing the heartbeat 11 days ago -- my issue is old eggs and I just need one good one ....

I think you should try whenever you're ready hun xx

Thanks so much for your advice<3
There's moments I think ugh I just want to try again right away but hubby is pretty traumatized .. We got pregnant so easily with our two boys so he just doesn't understand why this one would be so difficult. I wonder the same thing but I also feel like maybe they're just flukes and next time will be fine! It's so scary though.

I'm so sorry for your all of your losses. I really hope so much that you catch that good egg.
I'll be following you closely! Will you be posting in TTC after loss?

How did you get on today Mumm? Is the bleeding less? Did you get out for a walk? How you feeling about work tomorrow? Sorry 20 questions! Hope ur ok xxx

Thanks so much for ur kind wishes I need all the positive thoughts I can get at the moment! I am on a thread on ttc after loss called TTC After Loss Waiting (not so patiently) for our rainbows you're very welcome to join but it has gone very quiet as most of the ladies on there got their rainbows -- just not me yet lol!! What threads are u on hun?

Thank you for asking , this morning I passed a fairly large clot but after that I have not bled much today .. It's actually turned brown so I'm hoping that means it's over, FX. I'm feeling better about work, as long as it doesn't suddenly start up again!

I will definitely check out that thread , we know we will be trying again it's just a matter of when ! I have my follow up appointment in a week and then we will go from there.

Are you using OPKs to see when you ovulate ?

Hey hun maybe that was it then! How was it was it ok today?

I am back tomorrow dreading it - my boys are back at school first thing, then scan to check mc complete and then into work argh!!!

Yes I use opks hun I buy cheap ones off of Amazon and I swear they are the reason for all my pgs in the last 2 years! I find they help catch the egg but I just need a good egg.

Hope today was ok for you?

Today was alright , bleeding a bit again so I'm not sure if my body just can't figure out what's going on!

Did you have your scan or its tomorrow ? Let me know how it goes !

I would like to purchase some OPKs even this month just to see when I ovulate after this is over.
Which brand do you use ?

I had the scan today : ( I have a 2cm piece of placenta left in the womb! They said I will either have a big contraction to get it out or it might come out if I do get af. They said if I don't get af by 6 weeks from today I have to go back again for another scan aghhhhh!! At least I know what is going on I suppose. I will try to use the time to get more coq10 into me so that we are ready to go when I do get my cycle back. Sigh ....

How are you doing today hun?

I buy opks off of amazon. I get a bag of 50 wide tests for about £4 / £5. They are great as you can get them delivered and use as many as you like! I do the same with the pg tests. What country do you live in hun? Can you get them off Amazon where you are?

Omgosh have you even been bleeding or spotting at all?
I'm still bleeding now , going on day 10!
It just seems like it's a never ending nightmare eh?

I'm in Canada but I can order off amazon !

So do they think you'll still ovulate with that tissue left ?

That's great if you can get them in Canada hun they are definitely worth getting as saves loads of money on shop bought stuff & you can test as much as you like x

It's weird the proper bleeding stopped last weekend but I've had sorry for tmi pinkish cm type stuff ever since and stops and starts but more on than off. The doctor said it would either come out in another contraction or in next af didn't give me any other options but maybe the pinkish stuff is it slowly disintegrating - weird hey!

How are you doing? Did you survive the week ok hun? Do you think mc is complete for you?

Yah that's great I'll think I'll order some !
I'm having basically the same thing as you, light pinky cm spotting with brown sometimes , for almost a week now.

Work was okay , so super busy so it kept my mind off things which is good!
I'm anxious for my appointment Monday , I'm thinking she'll send me for an ultrasound since I'm still spotting she said she wouldn't send me if I was no longer bleeding at all.

Hopefully your body is just getting rid of that last bit for you and you can get back to normal cycles !
Are you still going TTC before next AF?

Glad work was ok hun xxx yeah try and get scanned if you can and then at least you know where you are at!

I'm hoping the horrid discharge stuff might be my body breaking the last bit down fingers crossed hey x

Yes we dtd Tuesday for first time and it was all good. We are ntnp I suppose - I tend to not O after mc before af so we will see what happens. I'm not too bothered if it takes a LITTLE bit of time to get back on track as I'm trying to get lots of coq10 into me as there is research to say it can improve egg quality. What are u going to do hun ttc again before af or not?

Ps whats Canada like hun? We are in London and thought about emigrating to Canada but it's quite hard to get in xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->