Question about contraception

Louise88

Dd- ciara and ds- James
Reaction score
After my babies born I need some sort of contraception do I don't end up with a surprise baby again lol

Pill isn't an option unfortunately as I'm terrible at remembering to take it so I'd be pregnant again within the year I reckon, I was also taking the pill when my daughter was conceived just proves how useless I am at taking it.

Coil was recommended by my midwife but everyone I talk to about it don't have a single positive story about it which makes me scarred to get it, I had 1 friend haemorrhage after getting one put in and a couple I know have told me how 1) he can feel it during sex and 2) she can feel it aswell, is this true? Can you feel the coil during sex etc? *shudder*

Depo injection I used when I was with my ex and constantly bled on it, it also send me crazy turning me into a psycho (no joke!)

Implant I haven't had but was told that it has the exact level of homones as the depo injection so will probably do the same thing to me :shrug:

Help?

A couple of my friends have also had problems with the coil BUT there must be some good ones or they wouldn't still use it. Always worth giving the implant a try, if its not for you they can just take it back out. If none of those are for you, maybe set an alarm on your phone every morning to take your pill by xx

I'm wondering this too...
I'd happily go back on the pill but I believe you can't if your breastfeeding? Condoms aren't very nice, heard horror stories about depo and don't really like the idea of a coil. I know a few people who have had the implant and have been fine so will probably try it out.
Have you tried setting a daily alarm on your phone for reminding you to take your pill?

You CAN go on the pill when you're breastfeeding! If you're done with kids would sterilisation be an option? Someone recommended the patch to me recently, and also the pill is meant to help with hormone symptoms of the implant and injection by countering it out, but it doesn't matter if you miss your pill.

I have been on the pill but couldn't use it anymore as it was giving me chest pains. I was then moved onto the mini pill which was great but I kept forgetting to take it. So I went on the implant instead. I have had it for about 8 years now (with the exception of having it out for getting preggo) and it's been great for me. Before I had LO it stopped my periods but now I get an occasional period but only lasts a day or 2 and is really light. I've heard some people have had problems with it but I guess the best thing to do is just try it out.

U can take the mini pill if bf. Another vote here for the implant though, i have it and its fine so far. İt realeases the progestogen slower and more gradually than depo so you might find its ok. My gp said depo is worse for your emotions etc for this reason.

I have the implant and its fine. A little breakthrough bleeding here and there but otherwise much better than the pill which have me nasty mood swings.

I used the coil (no hormones) between my pregnancies and it was fantastic, didn't know it was there, didnt get pregnant, no PMT, just had heavy periods for a couple months but they settled down. I will get it fitted again after this baby until hubby gets the snip.

The patch. You only have to change it once a week (three weeks on, one week off) so much easier to remember than the pill. Biggest downside is that it picks up lint off of your clothes so does look a bit like a dirty plaster after a couple of days!

Don't know if you can breastfeed on it (if you are intending to).

Thankyou for the replies I may very well try the implant like you's say I can always have it removed if it doesn't agree with me. I was wanting sterilised but I'm only 25 and tbh not 100% sure if I'm done yet as me and oh are having the deciding talk in a couple years to have a 3rd or not :)

What about the mirena? I know its a coil but alot of people like it, and I believe most of the hormones only go locally so it doesn't give you those 'psycho' side effects. You shouldn't be able to feel it only the little strings!! Got no idea how people could feel it during sex it's supposed to be in your uterus!!

I had the Mirena for medical reasons and can't praise it enough. I had 2 week long heavy periods which went down to nothing. i did have light bleeding for about 2 months but it was so worth it. Hubby couldn't feel the strings and it was fine going in out. You can have them in for 5-10 years and your fertility goes back to normal right away. Plus I have been on Provera and had side effects but nothing with this.

If u r friend can feel it during sex then its obviously not in properly. The only problem i had with the coil was my periods was lasting 2 weeks and i was getting cramps when on my cycle

I am one who fully recommends the implant, I'm on my 2nd one now and love it. I don't bleed on it, only a bit of cramping every couple of months. A vast improvement on the agony I get with AF if not on it!

It's worth a try hun x

I've had a copper coil twice and never had any issues with it. Will be getting another put in after bubs is born!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->