Question about CP, CM, and ovulation test?

tripleccc

Reaction score
So on the 4th, my cervix was very squishy feeling and slippery (sorry if tmi!)...I was really surprised because I'm new at checking the CP and never felt it like that before.

Then I had a little bit of ewcm on the 5th. Did an ovulation test and it was clearly negative, not even a faint second line.
And yesterday, I felt crampy and like I was about to ovulate...so did a test and I'm 99% sure it was positive. Still new at this though lol. But my cervix was high, hard, and "knobby" again

My question is, why was my cervix soft and slippery and had ewcm the two days before positive opk? And then hard when I got the pos opk? Does this mean I haven't even ovulated yet? Also my cm is back to creamy/tacky...

Hello, the way I started understanding it is that you may not always have all those things occurring at once. I track my cycles by temping and checking cm. this cycle I incorporated OPKs as well so basically you might get a positive OPK one day (oh surge) and ewcm the next, but both days you are considered fertile....does that make sense ?

Hello, the way I started understanding it is that you may not always have all those things occurring at once. I track my cycles by temping and checking cm. this cycle I incorporated OPKs as well so basically you might get a positive OPK one day (oh surge) and ewcm the next, but both days you are considered fertile....does that make sense ?

Thanks for answering! That does make sense. I was just curious as to why my cervix would be soft and squishy two days before the pos opk...and then hard and low when I got the pos opk? I thought your cervix gets soft right before ovulation, so I don't understand why my cervix was hard when I got my positive? Idk, I'm new to this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->