Question about faint lines on pregnancy test

A1983

Reaction score
I'm in my tww-despite telling myself to relax this month here I am convincing myself via 'symptoms' im pregnant. I really need to switch off in tww but so hard. 9dpo and 10dpo I felt so sick and was actually sick during night of 9dpo...bfn when tested so put it down to a bug. But yesterday at 10dpo I still felt sick on and off all day and had some cramping. Logic tells me you'll feel sick once hcg in system...bfn again this morning at 11dpo and sickness not really noticeable today. Probably imagining it as only there when I think about it. Blimin powerful mind messing with me. I know I still have time but it's not looking good for this month plus those 'symptoms' obviously have nothing to do with pregnancy as im not.

Last pregnancy with DD I felt sick all day of 12dpo then 13dpo tested with second morning urine and got a faint positive. My question is...in your experience of testing...can a faint line show for a couple of days-ie if I'd tested at 10/11dpo could I have seen a faint line then or is a faint line something that happens over a short time period. Hope that makes sense! With DD I saw the bfp line immediately.

The darker the line, the higher the HCG hormone levels are in your system. This all varies from woman to woman, pregnancy to pregnancy.

Even though you might have had a dark line with your DD, doesn't mean it will happen with your next pregnancy. It all depends on when implantation takes place.

I think that's what you're asking?

Yeah kind of-I suppose im asking if that bfo with DD would have showed up 2 days earlier also...I suppose I don't know what my hcg level was so it could have or couldn't have. I'm obviously hoping my bfn today means I could still get a bfp but I don't know. I am getting waves of nausea still but then maybe that's common in the tww pregnant or not-Im just paying more attention to it this month.

I know some women have tested the day after a bfn and got a bfp...and others seem to have a faint line for days gradually getting darker. It's probably a very silly question and I need my wrist slapping for over thinking things! You just try so hard around ovulation ie timings/ewcm/lying down after and when it doesn't work its crushing. My rational mind knows it's probability involved to conceive.

You definitely could still get a BFP even though you got a BFN today.

And I know exactly how you feel.

Thanks :) good luck for you too. Think I need to do more things to distract myself In these two weeks!

I'm 12/13 DPO today and I was nauseous on CD 7-10 on and off throughout the day and at night sometimes. I plan on testing on Dec 5th. Good luck to you and I hope you do get a BFP!!! :thumbup:

Thank you Ahughes! Good luck to you too and well done on not caving! You should join the tww thread so we can all be testers and mad ttc's together!

when i tested at 8 dpo, i didnt use first morning urine. i actually used 3rd urine of the day because i was just so skeptical i was pregnant despite my symptoms! surprise! the line on my wondfo tests came up under two minutes but were faint. as they dried, it became more obvious but it was still faint. on frer, the line showed up a little after two minutes, but as it dried, it too became more obvious. some say dont look at the test after about 5 minutes or 7 minutes (whatever the directions say) but my lines stuck on the tests for days after so if you dont watch your test within the time limit, you can't be sure if its an evap or a real bfp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->