Question about fat intake!!!

leedsforever

Kerry!
Reaction score
OK I was reading this story in one of my pregnancy mags about a woman who was finding it hard to come to terms with having a c-section!!!
Headed "my c-section gave me post-traumatic stress disorder"!!!
Sub heading "Haunted by guilt and anger following the Caesarean delivery of her first baby, it wasnt till baby number 4 she recovered emotionally"

She basically blamed it on the hospital and felt the hospital did it unnecessarily!!! Even though she had cephalopelvic disproportion, meaning baby was too big!!
However at the end of the story it says that "I began to accept that my caesarean had been the result of overeating in pregnancy, which resulted in baby being too large for my pelvis"

Now I always thought and have read that your calorie intake had no effect on the baby at all... apart from obviously if you eat really unhealthily then the baby isnt getting the nutrients it needs!!!

This has worried me now though.... !!! Is my chocolate addiction :blush: going to make my baby to fat to come out vaginally??? x

Argh I hope this isn't the case otherwise my LO is gonna come out HUGE and possibly looking like a crisp lol

I hope I don't offend anyone but this story about this woman annoys me. I don't want to judge what she has been through but cephalopelvic disproportion is not to do with the baby being too FAT, it is with the baby being too big to fit through the pelvis of the woman. Sometimes that means a c-section is the only way... And it is possible to have the same problem even if the baby is not particularly big but if for some reason the woman's pelvic girdle is small or the coccyx has been broken and gets in the way... oh lots of reasons. But it bugs me because this is a muddled story giving muddled messages to women who are pregnant.

I'm sure you can enjoy treats while you are pregnant and not worry about these things, just be sensible and try to fill up on healthy stuff.

I hope that doesn't sound dismissive. I don't know why but that story got my goat. (but your concern did not and I hope you won't be worried now)

Thanks hun.... that has made me feel better :)

You right reading this story has sent mis-messages!!

Especially as she wrote about her 3rd birth she gained 40lbs and baby weight 8lb 15oz and because he was a big baby, james' shoulders got stuck in the birth canal!! At this point she realised hospital didnt make up CPD but her own fault for over-eating!!!

I was thinking ARGH!!! Ive gained 35lbs already... I was concerned about making my baby really fat that she gets stuck etc :(

:hugs: You'll be fine, different women gain different amount of weights (and some do need to gain more while some need to gain less than others), I don't think it has any bearing on how big your baby is going to be.

I think theyve got a bit of a mix up somewhere from the sounds of it hun, dont panic!!

How much you eat doesnt make your baby bigger. If you go and gain 40-50pounds, your baby is still going to weigh 8lbs, your placenta XXlbs, your waters XXlbs and in the end you willl still need to loose 30-40lbs to get back to your normal weight

Sometimes people dont think about how the weight gain can negatively affect your body, they just eat and eat with the excuse of, oh im pregnant, I can eat whatever I want.

How much you eat doesnt make your baby bigger. If you go and gain 40-50pounds, your baby is still going to weigh 8lbs, your placenta XXlbs, your waters XXlbs and in the end you willl still need to loose 30-40lbs to get back to your normal weight

Sometimes people dont think about how the weight gain can negatively affect your body, they just eat and eat with the excuse of, oh im pregnant, I can eat whatever I want.

I agree completely with this. I gained 55lbs, I didn't eat too well from cravings. I was told because of gaining too much weight I'd have a huge baby. They were wrong. I had a healthy girl at 7lbs 2oz. (3.3 kilos) I just had a lot of weight to lose after. Though that didn't bother me because I had a healthy baby. All you can try and do is eat healthy. You can't really do a great deal to make your baby bigger/smaller. It's all up to natures hands. :)

The only things I've heard of that make a baby too big are genetics and gestational diabetes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->