Question about fertility and cervical cancer cells?

Kay_

Reaction score
Hi Ladies!

It's been a little while since I was last here. I was trying to conceive at one point but now have just let everything work out naturally rather than stress over trying.

Recently I had went in for a PAP and they told me my PAP results came back abnormal. Further look into things resulted in me having some abnormal cervical cells, I guess she had said cells that could turn into cancer if left untreated:shrug: She booked me to have something done to burn out the cells using a laser (?) I forgot the medical term for it.
I was wondering if any of you have needed to have this done to remove cancerous cells and if you know if this could effect fertility? Or have you conceived just fine after this type of procedure? She told me its very minimal effect on things but i need someone else opinion!:!:

In fact, my sister's friend had a similar procedure done (it was laser) but I'm not too sure if it was for the same reasons you had it done. 1 year later she found out she was pregnant, although I don't know how long she was TTC, but that's a good sign I guess!

Either way the treatment she had was the same you had, so I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. If your nurse/doctor said the effects will be minimal, that's good. Just go with the flow and don't stress like you said.

Good luck x

In fact, my sister's friend had a similar procedure done (it was laser) but I'm not too sure if it was for the same reasons you had it done. 1 year later she found out she was pregnant, although I don't know how long she was TTC, but that's a good sign I guess!

Either way the treatment she had was the same you had, so I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. If your nurse/doctor said the effects will be minimal, that's good. Just go with the flow and don't stress like you said.

Good luck x

Ugh thank you for replying! I've been so worried that it might effect my chances at trying to conceive. I feel a lot better knowing that someone else had it done and still was able to get pregnant!

I'm glad to of put your mind at ease, don't stress! i wish you the best of luck x

A friend of mine had something done for abnormal cells, I can't remember what she had done but she had a healthy pregnancy and baby not long after, she just had to wait for late results to make sure there weren't any further abnormal cells and that they had got them all

A friend of mine had something done for abnormal cells, I can't remember what she had done but she had a healthy pregnancy and baby not long after, she just had to wait for late results to make sure there weren't any further abnormal cells and that they had got them all

Amazing! Thank you for the info!<3 Seems like it will be very similar to what I will be having done on Thursday (12/14/2017). They said I would come back 6 weeks later for a check-up and then 6 months after that to make sure that there is no more on my cervix. Very helpful and relieved to know that others have had laser ablations done and still has healthy pregnancies and babies! I was so scared that it would have some soft of effect on my future!

It should all be fine, it's just waiting those few months to make sure it's all gone but the vast majority of the time treatments are successful

Thanks to all who answered! I had my surgery Thursday morning..now just waiting to heal up

I hope it all went ok and you make a swift recovery! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->