Question about liners

littlequeenie

Reaction score
Hello - we are using flushable paper liners at the moment - and they are proving to be quite expensive.

I wondered if I could make my own fleece liners - would I just buy a large piece of fleece and cut it up? And should I look for cotton, or polyester, or a mix? And could you use coloured fleece on cream nappies? Or would the dye run through?

Or is silk better?

I'm not too squeamish - but dh is not too keen on poo at all. Also we are changing nappies upstairs - and the bathroom is downstairs, so we can't rinse them straight away. And I am dry pail-ing nappies.

So if you've got any tips about how best to go about it to get a liner that is effective, but gentle on the bottom (and on dh's sensitivity!) then please let me know!

Many thanks!

fleece is great for liners, any normal fleece will do, however i wouldn't use the extra thick stuff.
the good thing about fleece is the colours don't run, they don't fray at the edges (so no sewing required) and it behaves like a stay dry barrier so LO's bum stays nice and dry.

some babies can be sensitive to fleece but if you've use microfibre nappies you should be fine.

deffo dont use cotton, its the polyester that makes them so waterproof, you can buy cheapy fleece blankets in poundland, buy one of those and cut it up, not too small cos you want as much of his bum protected as possible

x

Thanks for this ladies!
I used biodegradable liners with my BG...and they were rubbish because they just wrinkled up if she had done a wee first...
Will get more fleecy today!

Great! Thanks!

Fleece sounds like good simple option. We are (finally!) in cloth overnight, so I am a little concerned about keeping his skin as dry as possible.

Do any of you use silk liners?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->