question about longies

nada87

Reaction score
can i use prefolds with longies or should i just stick with fitteds? i think this is the next combo i want to try, i can get my mom to make me fleece longies and already have prefolds so if i don't have to buy anything else that would be great as dh isn't supportive of me spending lots of money on diapers "after all wasn't the point of switching to cloth to save money" thats what he said last night when i was talking about what i planned on buying next.

You need to use fitteds, prefolds wont stay in place and move around too much.

You can use a prefold if its big enough and you can use a nippa on it. If not fitteds are the way to go! You can pick upo fitteds dirt cheap too hun!

If your prefolds aren't big enough, you could try buying some Disana tie-on nappies. They're a lovely soft nappy but they aren't very absorbent on their own, so you could fold your prefolds into a pad/insert to go in it. They have ties to fasten them but you can cut them off and use a nippa if you prefer that. Best of all, they're about £2.50 each :)

I had the same problem. I only use prefolds and wanted to use wool. Now on wool days, I nippa the prefolds and cover with longies. It works well, and gives them a slightly more streamlined bum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->