Question about missing a Dr appointment.

Jcliff

Reaction score
Just a quick question. I was supposed to start going to the OB every two weeks now. Im due for an appointment tomorrow morning. My husband just started a new job this week but our old insurance from his past job has ended, and his new insurance wont kick in until next week. My pregnancy has been pretty uneventful, no bleeding, no pain. My BP has been a tad high about 122/70ish, but Dr isnt concerned. Anyway, I think I have to cancel my apt for tomorrow and reschedule for next week. Do you think its terrible if instead of going 2 weeks this week, it would be 3 weeks? We just really cant afford to pay for this appointment without our insurance. its about $300 each visit.

No way...unless your high risk or the doctor told you this next appointment is super important than you'll be perfectly fine pushing it a week later. The biweekly appointments are the same as the monthly appointments anyways the only time they become important is if the doctor is worried about something. If its easier to just reschedule the appointment then do that unless your doctor says not to..

I think you'll be fine. Just get the soonest possible appointment for the week that your husband's insurance kicks in.

OH you will be fine! 122/70 is great bp! If you feel bad, then go in, but if you feel fine skipping 1 week will be fine.

I wouldn't worry about it. I'm high risk and have cancelled a couple appointments and my OB didn't say anything about it to me.

ok great. Im going to try and make it for next Monday.

I had four week appointments until week 34 - OB said I was having a perfect, normal pregnancy and didn't see the need for me to come in often unless I wanted to. If you aren't having any problems then there probably isn't a reason for you to keep that appointment and pay out of pocket.

You will be ok! ( if it were up to me I'd not go to another single appt and just call my doc when I'm ready to push, but it doesn't work that way) your little girl will cont cookin and all the check ups are the same, so it will be ok to wait until next week.

You'll be fine, my doc sometimes wasn't available every 2 weeks with my DD so I would go 4 or 5 weeks without an appt. near the end. As long as the pregnancy is normal you should be good :)

It should be fine to postpone one. My OB actually scheduled my next one for 3 weeks from the last and I was pretty sure it was every 2 weeks now, but I see the MFM every week anyway.

Thanks everyone. I have to call first thing and change appointment. Ive noticed the apts are pretty boring and pointless anyway. weight, blood pressure, dr comes in and cracks a joke. thats about it. I dont have another US until 36 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->