Question about my scan

LiLi2

Reaction score
I had a transvaginal US today. Based on LMP I am 6w1d. The ultrasound technician told me my measurements put me at "more like 5 weeks". I just figured my dates were wrong, but when I got home, I read up and now I'm questioning.

She was very quick so I couldn't tell if there was a flicker of a heartbeat or not, but the gestational sac measured 1.75cm and the fetal pole was very clearly visible, looked to be about 1/4 the length of the sac.

I just read that length of fetal pole in mm is added to 6 weeks to determine gestational age, which would make me at least 6 weeks, no? I'm confused. I don't think I could be a week off, as I pretty much know when we concieved. Anyone else have an experience they can share to shed some light on this? She didn't give me exact measurements, but it was much larger and more clear than my son was at 4w6d (to rule out ectopic).

In general, if a fetal pole is visible you are about 6 wks along and should be able to see a heartbeat... However, I've read a million stories if women in the same position as u and everything turned out fine. Definitely don't worry yet. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->