Question about opks

rawrrasaur

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm not ttc or anything but I've been feeling extra weird on the pill lately and even had a few scares and had pretty obvious ovulation signs. So I decided to go off the pill for a month and just check on my cycle and see what the heck is going on. Anyways, my question is do the opk's always have a line on them? I understand on the box it says it's not positive unless it's as dark or darker than the test line, but is there always supposed to be a line there? Because today is cd 10 for me (apparently a little early) and I took one dollar tree test (it had a very faint second line) and a clearblue test and it had a much darker line which showed up immediately, but it wasn't quite as dark as the test line.
I guess I just want to know if you always have enough LH in your body (regardless if you are ovulating or not) to make a line on the test.

Ok, so I'm not ttc or anything but I've been feeling extra weird on the pill lately and even had a few scares and had pretty obvious ovulation signs. So I decided to go off the pill for a month and just check on my cycle and see what the heck is going on. Anyways, my question is do the opk's always have a line on them? I understand on the box it says it's not positive unless it's as dark or darker than the test line, but is there always supposed to be a line there? Because today is cd 10 for me (apparently a little early) and I took one dollar tree test (it had a very faint second line) and a clearblue test and it had a much darker line which showed up immediately, but it wasn't quite as dark as the test line.
I guess I just want to know if you always have enough LH in your body (regardless if you are ovulating or not) to make a line on the test.

You always have some LH in your system. What the OPK is looking for is when LH gets to a certain level which indicates impending ovulation. For the test to be positive it MUST be as dark or darker than the control line on the test. Otherwise it isn't telling you anything other than you are not about to ovulate.

Mine are almost blank until about cd10 until cd 14 or so as they fade into positive and back to normal. Some women have a slight pink colored test line which then fades into a positive.

Also note that you should test between the hours of 10am and 8pm as the LH doesn't surge into your system until you're awake several hours. No FMU for testing.

Ovulation will occur 12-24 hours after your last positive OPK.

HTH :thumbup:

Oh yeah, the tests I took were late in the day (like 5-7pm) and I drank a tonnn of water today so my pee was super diluted (I peed in a cup a little to dip them and it was clear lol). But I definitely have a pretty strong pink line it just isn't quite matching up to the test line yet.

I just peed on another dollar test (3rd pee of the day). The line is slightly darker than yesterday, but it seemed a little lighter on the cb. I guess I'll let it sit for the whole time limit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->