Question about pregnancy care after a premie

W22KLB

Mom of 1 & expecting no 2
Reaction score
My daughter was born 4 weeks 1 day early in 2012. My waters broke first then 5/6 hrs later contractions started. The doctors never gave me a reason, said we had an infection but they did tests and when I asked about it they couldn't give me an answer.

I am now 5 weeks pregnant - will I get any additional care because of previous PROM, I haven't booked in to see midwife yet waiting until my holiday next month.

It's really hard to say if you need extra precautions since they never gave you a reason for the first premature birth. It was likely an infection, in which case, you don't have to worry about a reoccurrence. On the chance that it may have been undiagnosed Incompetent Cervix (which was my problem), I would ask for internal ultrasound at around 24 weeks and again at 30 weeks to check the length of your cervix. Good luck!

I guess it depends on a lot of things. We don't know the reason why our first came so early. They looked into it again when i was pregnant but still couldn't work it out. They can only assume it was an infection they don't even know exists yet.

Check with your midwife, they will be the person to give you that answers. it is hard to say, and they may consider that gestation too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->