Question about Scans

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Moonpieash, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Moonpieash

Moonpieash Well-Known Member

I have seen a lot of you talking about your first scan. Is this something they always do or only do in certain cases? If they do a first scan...when do they usually do it...at your first doctor's visit or later on?

2. Mango

Mango Well-Known Member

Hi Moonpieash, usually you get your first scan at your first docs appointment so they can tell exactly how far along you are. Typically it is at least 6-10 weeks after your last period.

3. turbo_mom

turbo_mom Guest

What do y'all mean by scan? Ulstrasound? I got mine at 8 weeks to see how far along I was. My next isn't until i'm 18 weeks

4. luckyme225

luckyme225 Well-Known Member

I had one at five weeks only because I was experience pain on my ovary so they had to r/o ectopic pregnancy or else I would have had to wait till 9 weeks.

5. ablaze

ablaze lucky mum of one of each!

i got mine at the hospital wen i was 12 weeks on my 1st and 10 weeks on my 2nd

6. BurtonBaby

BurtonBaby Well-Known Member

I'm getting my first one tomorrow, and I'm approximately 10 wks 5 days. Good luck! :D