question about sore boobs?

babyjan

Mum&expecting#2
Reaction score
Did anyone here have really sore boobs with 1st pregnancy and nothing with second?

My boobs hurt a lot from early on with my first pregnancy. The tingled, they were sore, very tender, veiny and I struggled wearing bras. It was actually my first signs of pregnancy before I got bfp.

Now so far my boobs don't really feel any different tbh. I have MS and have vomit quite often. I guess im a lil worried?

I know every pregnancy is different but even my gp the other day was asking me do you have sore breasts.

I did breastfeed for over 2 years so maybe that's made them less sensitive perhaps?

I'd be more worried about symptoms disappearing rather than never showing. Sore boobs are my first sign, along with crazy dreams, and even though they are definitely tender and growing this time, it's not as noticeable as my first pregnancy. I think maybe it's less shocking after dealing with tender pregnant boobs and breastfeeding engorgement and everything before... whereas for the first pregnancy it was all completely new for me.

I think symptoms can vary greatly each pregnancy, but it's vanishing ones you should be on the lookout for (and that's not always bad news either, of course).

The worst pregnancy symptom for me during my previous two pregnancies, by far, was an aversion to my husband's smell. I literally had to sleep with VapoRup under my nose, face away from him, and build a pillow odor defense system between us. This time... not even a hint of it. I'm thinking I'm carrying a girl this time!

Your right springcrane. I guess it would be a lil concerning if I had started out with it then it disappeared.

I'm definitely suffering with MS so I guess that's a good sign! I just keep telling myself that this is a different pregnancy. I mean I suffered from headaches/dizziness with my son and nothing of that now thank God lol

No 2 pregnancies are the same :) just like no 2 babies are the same! My boobs do hurt, but in a completely different way to how they did with my first! My first they constantly hurt, this time they are agony if touched but otherwise ok. My SIL never had boob pain at all until her milk came in....
FWIW I don't even think you should worry about vanishing symptoms, it's your body getting used to the hormones and the placenta taking over when they start to settle, which are very good signs! The only time I think anyone should be concerned is pains & bleeding.

This is happening to me too! Sore boobs in my first two pregnancies but not this time. Weird!

Me! Sore boobs were my first symptom with DD, and my boobs are feeling perfectly normal with this one. I keep staring at my tests to confirm I'm not imagining that I'm pregnant!

(I didn't breastfeed once, so I don't think that would be a reason :flower:)

I had extremely sore boobs with my first for 9 weeks (miscarried then), quite sore boobs for 5.5 weeks with my son, and no sore boobs at all with my daughter.

First pregnancy I went from super sore to nothing in a day... Sadly that ended in an MC at 9 weeks 2 days many thanks to a nasty brush with H1N1.

Second pregnancy went from super sore to nothing in a day... Panic ensued... Wound up having a C-Section at 39 weeks and change and delivering a 10lb 3oz super healthy baby boy on Valentine's Day. We DID have massive issues with breast feeding since I ave relatively flat nipples and then freaked out because of bleeding chapped skin and yeah... Fail.

This pregnancy? Don't touch them... Don't look at them... Don't breathe near them... Don't even think about them. Holy cow.

Moral of my story? It's going to be a different "norm" for every pregnancy when it comes to owie tatas. Don't panic or stress!

I had it with my other pregnancies but not at all this time. Like at all. My boobs feel completely normal. Like you, I nursed. My DD nursed for 13-14 months. But I seriously feel nothing this time, pain wise.

Kitteh, I tested almost everyday up till 6 weeks! It was crazy but I had to as it was the only thing telling me about a pregnancy lol

Bookworm, it's reassuring to know I'm not alone! I mean it's weird because they hurt sooooo bad with my first and they also went huge! Now I look at them and they look pretty much the same and feel no different lol

Sore with ds. This time (second pregnancy) I am not sore. I hardly have any symptoms this time besides peeing more at night and weird relationship with food (sometimes I'm always hungry, foods I used to eat daily just don't sound good, etc). That's about it!

My boobs were so incredibly painful with DS, bedtime was a nightmare, had to wear a bra just to keep them to stay still. This time there has been no pain, more of a tingling sensation. My nipples are just as sensitive as the first time though.

Seems to be a trend here that they were more sore with the first. Mine were they same. That's how I knew I was preg with dd . This time then barely feel any different. Nothing like the first time.

Mine have been in waves. They will be really sore for a day or two, then moderately lessens the third. Then, back really sore again.

OMG Springcrane, I also had an aversion to my husbands smell with my first pregnancy. Everyone always laughs at me when it gets mentioned (I had a girl by the way). We had to sleep in separate rooms for the whole pregnancy ��
This time incredibly sore boobies and if I turn over wrong it's like it rips inside!!
Slight nausea but goes with eating, hoping the MS stays away for at least the next 8 days as we go on hols tomorrow, I'm 6+6 today x

OMG Springcrane, I also had an aversion to my husbands smell with my first pregnancy. Everyone always laughs at me when it gets mentioned (I had a girl by the way). We had to sleep in separate rooms for the whole pregnancy ��

Isn't it the worst?? Yeah, I get a lot of strange looks when I mention it also. Interesting to hear you had a girl! Maybe my theory isn't going to hold! Haha

this makes me feel better....by 5dpo with my singleton daughter and by 5dpo with my twin boys ( i went back through my journals on here and looked lol)...I had sore boobs....I'll be 8dpo tomm and nothing boob wise...gives me some hope!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->