Question about the occasional bottle of ebm

sheldonsmommy

Reaction score
For anyone who has a freezer stash and gives baby an occasional bottle of ebm, do you pump every time you give a bottle?

I was playing volleyball weekly and the sitter would give a bottle of ebm and I would pump when I got home. Or occasionally dh would feed lo and I would pump.

Lo is 6 months, and I have a pretty good stash. I just started to play baseball once a week, so the sitter will give him a bottle, but I have stopped pumping to make up for that feed.

Has anyone else done this with any ill effects, or is it pretty safe at this stage to skip a feed here and there?

For me personally, By about 6 months I didn't have any problems doing this as my supply was pretty well established. I know my sister was a lot more sensative to it though so maybe it's different for everyone. Not very helpful I know but for me this was ok.

At this stage, I highly doubt it will affect your supply, Mama.

My DD didn't take many bottles at all (not without a lack of trying, that's for sure), but the times she did, I did not pump to replace it since they were so few and far between.

Thank you!

So far I haven't seen any drop in supply. It's actually very exciting to be able to have that one little chunk of weekly freedom and not have to worry about pumping :)

I give one bottle of ebm a day and don't pump to replace it and my supply is fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->