Question about the SMEP!!

A

Ash0619

Hey ladies!

This is my second cycle doing SMEP. Last cycle, we tried it but ended up BDing more than we were supposed to. But since it didn't work for me that way, I decided to do SMEP very strictly this cycle, with no extra BDing whatsoever.

During our first month ttc, we ended up BDing practically every day, and during our second month we ended up BDing practically every day. But obviously, it didn't work. Which makes me wonder if DH's count could be effected by all that BDing.

So, now for my question. According to the SMEP, you're supposed to BD every other day until you get a positive opk, BD for 3 days straight, skip a day, and then BD one more time. So far, I've BDed on CD 8, 10, 12, 14, 16 (pos opk) and 17 (opk still dark pos). If I follow the SMEP, I should BD tomorrow as well, and then skip a day and BD once more. Well, last month I was in the same situation- positive opk on CD 16 and 17....but I didn't O until CD 19! If I follow the SMEP this month, that would have me skipping CD 19, which is probably my O day again!

I shouldn't skip BDing on my O day, right?? What do you ladies think? I think SMEP says it that way because most ladies O a day or two after their positive opk, but I O'd 3 days after my positive opk last month, and so far I'm following the same pattern this month too.

Would love some advice! Chart is in my sig to see when we've been BDing, pos opks etc. CD 19 will probably be my O day!

Honestly...I would bd tonight and tom...skip one then go back to every other day for a little while longer, just to cover everything.

Honestly...I would bd tonight and tom...skip one then go back to every other day for a little while longer, just to cover everything.

Thanks for responding hun! Tonight and tomorrow would be CD 17 and 18. So you think I should skip CD 19 even though it's probably my O day?

I think it's fine to skip O day as long as you go the day before. My first LO was conceived with us BDing two days before O. I would stick to SMEP. But hey, I stuck to it last month and didn't get preggo, so maybe go with your instincts. Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->