question bout day 21 bloods??

Sugerr

Mom of one ttc#2
Reaction score
So af showed up yesterday am due to have some bloods taken on day 21 ehich will be 6th of march just wondering what levels do they have to be at to be ovulating an what are the next steps if it shows am ovulatin or not sorry for all question just been tryin for 2 year in march x

On CD21 they will test your progesterone levels and they will want them to be at a 5 or higher (typically the higher the better). Anything above 5 means you've ovulated and that you could either be pregnant or that AF will likely show up within a week or two depending when ovulation actually occurred.

I did a few medicated cycles where they took day 21 bloods. One cycle I was at a 5 which showed I had a very weak ovulation and I didn't not end up pregnant that month. The cycle I got pregnant my levels were at a 59 (bloods were taken 4 days after ovulation so I assume the level had more time to climb). I read somewhere that anywhere over a 10 is ideal for early pregnancy...

GL!

Depends where you live, as they don't use the same units, but like TMB said in Canada they like to see at least 5. When they tested mine after my 2nd miscarriage I got 7.62ish (I wasn't pregnant though) and was told it was fine. They still put me on progesterone when I got pregnant with DD1.

Hope you'll get you BFP soon!! 2 years is a really long time:hugs:

Thanks ladies am in the uk just read anything between 30-80 so we shall i see ano been really down anout this trying an things x

I'm thinking of having mine tested 2...so I'm confused though, I thought you wanted over 20 or 30- or something like that, but really you only need over 5 to not have low progesterone? Or just over 5 means you ovulated, but under 20-30 is low and you should supplement?

Hey, I've just had mine tested 3 days ago. Told that the results will be back by Wednesday which is the day my AF is due! I'm excited but anxious incase there's any problems xx

Typically a 5 in Canada means you ovulated. A 5 is really low though....it would be possible to sustain a pregnancy as your numbers should rise.....A DR may put you on progesterone supplements though. I'm not sure of the conversions but I know different countries measure progesterone on different units. I'm from Canada so I'm only going on what my DR told me :)

Hey, I've just had mine tested 3 days ago. Told that the results will be back by Wednesday which is the day my AF is due! I'm excited but anxious incase there's any problems xx

Hopefully it will all be ok i suffer from heavy periods two so that might have something to do with me x

Typically a 5 in Canada means you ovulated. A 5 is really low though....it would be possible to sustain a pregnancy as your numbers should rise.....A DR may put you on progesterone supplements though. I'm not sure of the conversions but I know different countries measure progesterone on different units. I'm from Canada so I'm only going on what my DR told me :)

Aw right i see thank you am just going to wait an hope for best alreadg had my scan which showed fine x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->