Question for anyone who tried gender selection techniques (successful or not)!!!

Blackrain90

DS-2 & Bean on the way!
Reaction score
Hey mommies (and mommies-to-be!)

I am curious if any of you have tried any gender selection techniques when TTC? Would love if you could list what things specifically you tried and if you got the gender you were trying for?

Not yet TTC#2 but when we do will be trying for a girl.

Thanks lovelies!

Hi, I have 2 boys and a girl. We tried gender selection for our third and I got my little girl!
This is what I did. ..
Took vit c, magnesium, cranberry and folic acid tablets. Also took calcium citrate (NOT carbonate!!) This is to make your environment as acidic as possible. I also used litmus paper on my cm to check I was getting acidic (I am normally neutral but everyone is different). Stay away from bananas as high source of potassium, potatoes and salt.
In addition, we bd'd first day I stopped my period and every day until 3 days before ov. Tada! A girl! :)
Good luck!

Oh gosh I would so love a little girl but not sure I have the time or energy for all that !! Well done you! ttc in itself is difficult enough oh and two completely nuts little boys! Huge congrats that you got your little girl, I'm v interested in hearing others tips on this! I've also heard you shouldn't orgasm if your trying for a girl ? We bm today and I perpously didn't let myself but that's about as much effort as I've made!! X

Oh gosh I would so love a little girl but not sure I have the time or energy for all that !! Well done you! ttc in itself is difficult enough oh and two completely nuts little boys! Huge congrats that you got your little girl, I'm v interested in hearing others tips on this! I've also heard you shouldn't orgasm if your trying for a girl ? We bm today and I perpously didn't let myself but that's about as much effort as I've made!! X

ha, ha, never heard about the orgasm thang. We're going for a boy and I have to tell you this entire cycle had not been fun for me. I've been telling my husband "its strictly business" lol. I know this sucks but I just can't concentrate on climaxing for some reason

My friend tells me its in the day you do the do. For a girl dtd a few days before o as girl sperm lives longer and still on the bus up while boy sperm has died but is generally faster at first. So by the time you o the niys are all dead and girls can get the egg. For a boy you would try to get as close to o day as possible as they are faster and wild get to the egg first.

Seems to tie in with my dd. We did it 4 days before I od as was out drinking at Xmas work do when I think I was ovulating.

Yeah I had heard no orgasm for a girl as well but not sure if it works.

And the timing theory definitely makes sense, the only time near O that we dtd (due to hubby's work) was the two days I had positive OPKs (not sure which day was O lol) but ya we had a boy.

We will be aiming for a boy this time so will be cutting down on acidic stuff for me and making sure we only dtd the day before, day of and day after ov. Apparently the man should withhold for 5 days before the critical time! Also deep penetrative sex is good for a boy (closer to cervix) and the girl should orgasm first (ideally just before but thats not always going to happen...pressure!!).
That is of course if im not preg from our oppsie this month (was on ov day though. ..) :)

Ps I would be delighted with either but dh would love a boy!!

Bump, anyone else tried gender selection techniques?

I put no stock in the day before/day of theory. I've got one little man from sex 5 days before O and one from sex one day before O ;)

Yeah, I think the theory is that most of the faster male sperm will die off leaving female, so obviously it would just tip the odds a bit in favor of female, but there will still be some male sperm to survive too.

No advice but we would love a girl for a our final baby (obviously would be happy with another boy though :) ). I've heard the acidic environment thing. So I've eating lots of grapefruit and drinking 100% GF juice as well. I'm probably due to OV end of next week, so we might concentrate on BD'ing the weekend and the beginning of next week. We conceived both our boys right around or on my OV days. Good luck!

We started out TTC a boy 6 years ago, that pregnancy ended in m/c and the one after that as well , now I just wish for a healthy baby even if its our 5th girl. I believe the gender you conceive has to do with your PH level , sperm carrying a Y chromosome (male sperm) cannot live in acidic cm , x chromosome ( female sperm) can live in acidic cm, so to raise your chances of a boy you need to raise your PH by eating a high alkaline diet, for TTC a girl you can try eating acidic foods.

So I just read about this in The Impatient Woman's Guide. Unfortunately the Shettles technique has proven to actually be BACKWARDS! Funky eh? But that's good to know. And she goes over a diet that worked as well as the sperm-spinner clinics they have. TONS of potassium for a boy, which I'm doing currently. Seriously, you have no idea how difficult is it to get THAT much potassium each day. I make a smoothie with carrot juice, an orange, a banana, dates, and some greens to start; we eat loads of white beans and other crazy stuff. Supplements don't work that well for potassium so... yeah. You gotta nosh it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->