question for girls in kent - about midwife appointments and scans

wishingonastar

Reaction score
hey, i live in kent and recently had first midwife appointment... when i left i thought i was clear on certain things but then realised i wasn't and even though OH came with me he couldn't remember either!

Basically... midwife didn't take blood and i got the impression they take it at my 12 week scan instead...? is that right???

also she gave me a pee pot and said it was my new handbag accessory as i needed to bring sample to each appointment...is that to each midwife appointment or to scans as well?

clarity gratefully received please :)

I cant help there but id say be prepared and bring pee to scan and appoints, but only whip it out at the scans if they ask.
At my first appt I was almost 8 weeks and they took bloods no urine at all.

thanks celine...i was thinking if all else failed i'd have to...ahem...go prepared! but like you say definately wouldn't produce it unless they asked!!!

Im not in your area hun but ive only been asked for Pee at MW appointments (but like celine said maybe have it with you in case)
I had Bloods done at a separate MW appointment the day after my scan but i know of alot of girls that have had it done in the the hospital on the same day as the scan.

Your MW etc wont mind if you need to call and double check details hun, there used to the fact that us pregnant women have the memory of Goldfish at times xxx :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->