Question for mom's who use the condensed formula - 'just add water'

wifey2013

Reaction score
So far we've been using 'ready to eat' formula but it is getting really expensive. We've discussed switching to the condensed liquid formula. But my question is, how do I prepare the water? Do I have to boil it every time and let it cool to room temperature? After I do that how long is it good for? Can I prepare enough for 5-6 bottles and just add the formula before feeding? How does it work? Any explanation would be much appreciated. :shrug:

My baby is breastfed but the youngest child I looked after when nannying was still bottle fed. I'm not sure if it's okay to do this with a baby as young as yours, but I don't see why it wouldn't be.

If I needed to make a 6 oz bottle, I'd boil the kettle and measure out 3 ounces and then put it in to the fridge. Then when baby was due a feed, I'd boil the kettle and pour the other 3 ounces needed in to the bottle I'd stored in the fridge, and add the formula.

I just use bottled water. Pediatrician says its fine and DD is happy and healthy

I always used bottled nursery water (no fluoride) for DS and now for DD as we are combo feeding. And I've always pre-prepared several bottles before bed. It just makes things so much easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->