Question for the UK Ladies

She has good PR, it was probably one of her team that coined " the nations sweetheart " phrase, but lets not forget that she is a rough pub brawler who comes from a family of criminals. Its amazing what a 6 figure make over can do for you, she looks like a different person from her first audition on that talent show. The only down side to her being sacked from the US show is that we get her back over here again.

I feel sorry for any person/s who have been let down. No matter how big the situation may or may not be.

I don't know why people always say she's unpleasant due to that incident either. No one's perfect, it's not like the girls made a habbit out of attacking people.

We all get peed off by people at different times but we don't turn around and wallop others.

Thanks for the replies ladies! The comments have me cracking up. The article I read made it seem like her accent was the main reason for her getting the boot. I take it she's not well liked in the UK.

Bugger all to do with her accent I reckon, her face just didn't fit :shrug:

I dont even think her accent is that strong :shrug: I just dont think it worked out and they used that as an excuse. I hope UK X factor doesnt take her back :blush:

I feel sorry for any person/s who have been let down. No matter how big the situation may or may not be.

I don't know why people always say she's unpleasant due to that incident either. No one's perfect, it's not like the girls made a habbit out of attacking people.

We all get peed off by people at different times but we don't turn around and wallop others.

You do if its your other half :haha: Lol, ok, just me then :blush:

To be honest, the accent issue is only one of the 'rumours' going about. Yes its quite strange to think that they would even ask her in the first place, only to back track. I mean, they knew what her accent was like b4 asking her in the first place so why ask her?! The worse one for me is the one about her being 'too fat' for America. Then there is the more plausible excuse of 'cheryl was homesick.. she felt uncomfy in the states and missed her family.. It wasn't right for her'. The latter one prob being the real reason as to why she decided to go home. I doubt very much she was sacked for either of the first 2 reasons as like I said, they knew how strong her accent was and how she looked previous to asking her so why would it be an issue later?! She is bound to have some stick for being un-known etc which if the truth be known, is boud to make her feel uncomfy.. and I just dont think she is strong enough to take it so she decided not to do it. Mutually I believe!

im good with accents so it doesnt bother me, and i actually think her voice has been toned down over the years by people telling her to be more 'universally friendly' - if you watch really old interviews of her, she has a very thick accent!

i like her, everyone has a past, doesnt mean shes still like that now. She is pretty well liked over here, unlike others.

I think she is our equivalent of Paula Abdul - who the feck is she and WHY is she on my tv :rofl: but american shows seem to know/love her. or maybe thats just me :lol:

I dont know why she was dropped from either tbh, she was popular on the UK one, but maybe now she can do something else.

she is well liked over here, just like any famous person they all have there haters, i dont know why she got sacked to be honest, i do feel sorry for her she had a good thing going with the uk x-factor and she thought she would take a chance with the US one and it didnt work out, dont know why they hire her just to fire her a few days later.

I can understand her - Just about lol.
I can just get by with different accents, unless they speak my local slang or clearly I have to listen carefully.
I love the American accent though :D

i'm not sure americans would understand her, shes got a very strong accent.. and talks quite fast which some people may not be able to understand! but i'm sure a majority of people would, i can understand her and shes got a completely different accent to me! :dohh: so basically, i dont know! :haha:

I can read subtitles :haha:

On last season's 16 & Pregnant there was an FOB who mumbled so badly they had to add subtitles!

I think it's probably to do with image if I'm honest ... not hers but her family's.

The US 'family show' market likes it's presenters to be pretty squeaky clean on the whole (or at least to start off that way LOL) and with her conviction for assault and her family's criminal antics I reckon that they thought there might be a backlash against the show :shrug:

I think it was a mixture of homesickness and that people did not know who she was.

To the whole jealous thing anyone can look damn good if they have the money to spend on make up artists etc. tbh she got right on my nerves thinking she was sooo great when she became great mostly after the whole cheating thing came out because people felt sorry for her.

The rumors around the uk xfactor are just as fun lol..

1) she just did not respond
2) she asked for 2.5MIL!! to go back

I think it's all a bit strange. Wouldn't surprise me if it was all a big publicity stunt and Cheryl ends up coming back to the UK one at some point in the series. x

I admit I have no clue who this woman is. But I played the youtube video that kitty posted and I understood her just fine. :shrug: Now play me some jeremy kyle and I have no clue what those people are saying. I found a few episodes of it on youtube a while back to see what everyone always talks about on here and I couldn't understand a word of it. :rofl:

It could have been worse, it could have been Nadine Coyle's accent. That girl definitely needs subtitles.

i have a cheryl accent! and i have american relatives and they can understand me fine! i do tone it down eg. pronouce words proporly which i could imagine cheryl would also do so i doubt it has anything to do with that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->