Question for the women who have had an HSG done.....

jonnanne3

Our miracle is HERE!
Reaction score
Ok I had my HSG done on Moday and I was told I would have some spotting for a couple of days. They did not tell me not to have intercourse, BTW. So I spotted Monday and yesterday. We did bd on Monday and last night. But I wake up this morning and I am bleeding like a light to medium flow? Is that normal? TMI warning...... When we bd Monday, it was regular missionary but last night we did it doggy style and I am wondering if it could have irritated the cervix? I will call the doctor this morning, but they don't open for another 2 hours.
Please tell me if this is normal??????
BTW.... my tubes are clear..... Thanks for looking and for the replies.... :hugs:

I had bleeding for 4-5 days after the procedure. I didn't BD during that time, so my situation was a little different. I'm sure it's exactly what you are thinking, an irritated cervix. Good luck! xx

Thanks Bizybee..... They didn't say I couldn't have sex and I had just had a positive opk Monday morning! We bd the early morning before the test and the night after the test and last night. My opk's have gone to negative yesterday and today..... I just didn't want to miss a month of trying if I didn't have to. :blush: I am not having a rash or a fever and my bb's are sore like they normally are right after ovulation.
Thank you again.... BTW... How are you feeling today and did you do anymore tests? :hugs: Congratulations again!

Hi jonnanne3

I didn't have any bleeding after my HSG. Just a bit of a cramp after. I asked the Dr who performed the procedure if we could start having sex that month as I had my HSG on day 14. She said just get on with it! So we did.

My period was 3 wks late after my HSG though which is not normal for me.

Best of luck.

Hey

I had some spotting afterwards for about a day then cramps for a few days. I was told to have sex straight away if we wanted to as in some ladies you are more fertile after the HSG has flushed out your tubes!

Hope you feel better soon x

Thanks ladies.... I really do think it was the position last night. I did have some mild cramping afterwards, but I figured it was a combination of ovulation and the HSG..... I told my hubby last night, I flushed out my tubes and I was Oing.... time to get busy!!!!!!!!!! :rofl: and we did maybe too hard?! :blush:

Just keep going - I have read that an HSG can give you a temp uplift in fertility so make the most of it!

Good luck Jonnanne3! We BD'd the same day - I had no cramps or spotting. Just remember to take your antibiotics and contact the doc if you start feeling unwell! xxx

Good luck Jonnanne3! We BD'd the same day - I had no cramps or spotting. Just remember to take your antibiotics and contact the doc if you start feeling unwell! xxx

I wasn't given any antibiotics..... Was I supposed to?

I called the doctor and he wants me to come in and get looked at..... I will update when I get back......Thanks ladies.....

Hi, I was told not to BD for 24 hours after procedure.But, everytime we BD for the following week, I bled, not free flow just one lot on the tissue. The doctor gave me antibiotics. He said sometimes infections can occur because foreign objects have been in there. Hope this is of use to you xx

Btw, once you have an hsg, the first three months are meant to be your most fertile so good luck xx

I wasn't given any antibiotics..... Was I supposed to?
.... it's a standard practice in the Uk...HSG is an invasive procedure...they give you a 7 day course of doxycicline (i think) to prevent infections.... but they didn't test for STDs beforehand.... Hope all is well. X

I was checked for STD's years ago. I have been with my husband for almost 10 years, so there is no need for that anymore.
The doctor told me that I have cysts on my cervix. He said that I have had them all my life, they just get irritated when something messes with them. They are nabothian cysts (blood filled cysts) He said that they can actually help with conceiving as I have a tendancy to produce more cm. However he did say that if we were not pregnant within the next couple of months, he did want us to do IUI. Just because my cervix is tilted and it may make it a little harder to get pregnant. (It wasn't hard 17 years ago!!!!!!) So i guess I will give it until about November or December then we will go back to the FS to see what happens............ Thanks for all the responses..... :hugs:

Glad to hear you have been seen. I am always interested in others experiences - it differs a lot. I was given antibiotics for but for 3 days. They said we could have sex straight away. It's all such random advice!

True..... I guess it is all in what the doctor prefers...... I posted in my journal that I think we have done enough this month and I pray that was enough to catch that eggy.... but if not, we are taking a break the rest of this cycle and if af comes, then we will be back on again for that month!

Just a question about HSG: Does it hurt? Is it uncomfortable? How does it work?

Thanks x

Some people say it hurts. But my experience wasn't that bad. It was like getting a really long pap smear..... It was I guess a bit uncomfortable but the next day I was a little crampy. Not too bad at all IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->