Question for those of you using ebay (97kgallery) nappies

ClaireLR

Mommy to baby Lucy!
Reaction score
I've noticed that they are currently doing 16 pick your own design for £37.99 plus P+P, so as these are the cheapest I've seen cloth nappies and that was my main reason for using them, I think I'm going to go with those (2 lots of).

So I just wanted to know a few things first please! It says on their Ebay page that you wash the nappies at 30 degrees - is this hot enough to get rid of stains/smells? I always imagined cloth nappies would have to be washed at 60 degrees to get rid of stainage! Also, do you find their inserts to be good? If so I'm going to order some spares as I actually ordered one single nappy from them and the insert seemed to take a while to dry so it would be good to have some spares. The other thing is do you soak these nappies/inserts before washing or dry pail?

Any recommendations as to what boosters to use with these also for night times?

Thanks!

There is a really long thread on here recently about everyones opinions on these nappies - maybe worth digging it out?

https://www.babyandbump.com/natural-parenting/362332-ebay-cheapie-fluffies-opinions.html
This is it :thumbup:

Just to answer your questions tho,
I wash those nappies on a 40 degree wash and they wash up fine :) As for staining, I use reusable fleece liners in all my nappies now so I dont get too much of a problem from stainage, but usually I would rinse the nappy with a cold shower head before popping it in my dry nappy pail. I've never had to soak any of my nappies yet and Evie has had the odd evil explosion over the last few weeks lol. Also, the sun acts a natural bleach and can get out most stains.
As for the inserts...they're ok, not ideal if you have a heavy wetter but for the most part, my cheapies will last 2-3 hours on Evie. It's all dependant on the baby tbh as I know some of the other ladies that use them find them to last a little longer.
My cheapies are the quickest to dry out of my entire stash. On a good warm sunny day they're dry within a few hours whereas even my BG can take about double that in the same conditions.

As for boosters for night times, I personally wouldnt use these for night times as Evie is quite a heavy wetter at night, we use Close Parent PopIns with night boosters so I couldnt tell you what would be the best night time booster! Sorry!

I love these nappies, even if they dont last as long as my BumGenius or Blueberrys, and even tho they are popper fastenings (I prefer Aplix) I think they're fab for what you pay for them! :thumbup:

I think I am gonna order some now I have read all this lot. I have been umming and ahhing for a while.... I think they are £3.99 buy it now or some on auction or bulk, are they the ones? x

I got the "Buy It Now" ones.. if you go to 97k Gallery's Ebay shop, you might be able to find slightly different deals, sometimes he does free postage on the bulk ones, so worth looking at what else is there :)

Thanks I am bidding on some now :lol:

I am soooo bad!

The ones that are 16 pick your own work out (with postage) to £3.25 per nappy, I think this is the best deal if your bulk buying (and you get to choose your own designs!).

Mynx thanks once again for answering the questions, I took the nappy I'd ordered to my friends house yesterday to try on her little boy and was impressed with how well it fitted :D Just waiting for my HIP grant to come through now, should be in the next few weeks, and I'll be getting my reusables, plus reusable wipes (haven't decided whether to have spuggies or cheeky wipes yet!) and the rest of the stuff I need.

So far my list looks like this, am I missing anything?
32 reusable nappies
reusable wipes
10 boosters for night time use (not sure what sort yet)
Wet nappy bag
Bucket for dry pailing
Tea-tree oil for dry pailing
Disposable nappy liners (again unsure which type yet)

Is there anything else I'm missing?

Thanks for all your help!

Stuff for washing the nappies? :D

The ones that are 16 pick your own work out (with postage) to £3.25 per nappy, I think this is the best deal if your bulk buying (and you get to choose your own designs!).

Mynx thanks once again for answering the questions, I took the nappy I'd ordered to my friends house yesterday to try on her little boy and was impressed with how well it fitted :D Just waiting for my HIP grant to come through now, should be in the next few weeks, and I'll be getting my reusables, plus reusable wipes (haven't decided whether to have spuggies or cheeky wipes yet!) and the rest of the stuff I need.

32 reusable nappies
reusable wipes
Wet nappy bag
Bucket for dry pailing

Definately go with Spuggies, much better value and great quality :thumbup:

32 reusable nappies
reusable wipes
Wet nappy bag
Bucket for dry pailing

I think I might just do that, they look so much more fun! The thing is tho, they work out more expensive than cheeky wipes when you factor in postage and then the cost of a wet bag to take them out and about, so not sure what to do!

I'm going to order one of the Snazzy bags from Facebook to put dirty nappies in when I'm out, they look pretty good :) Just need to figure out which boosters to get now, I've read good things about Little Lamb bamboo but they come in sizes and really I wanted one that would do birth to potty to save having to spend again.

Also, which disposable/flushable liners does everyone use? If I have the nappy on with (in this order from top to bottom) flushable liner, fleece liner, insert and then booster at night is that right? :wacko: Feels like I'm going to get this all wrong at some point you know!

The little lamb boosters are great value for money, I have some mediums on their way to me as we speak.. on Ebay they're doing 10 boosters for £12 with free postage so that's where I got mine from :thumbup: It's worked out well for me really as I didnt start out the fluff thing till Evie was 7 months old, but if you were to go with the LL ones, start out with the small, I think they go up to 20lbs in weight? Not 100% sure on that, but it'd be a good few months before you'd need the next size.

I use flushable liners as well as fleece liners, it's much easier to clean the pooey nappies that way and I use the Bambino Mio ones, it's a roll of 200 for £4.95 in Waitrose :)
Where the booster goes all depends on the nappy tbh. My PopIn nappies, the night time booster wraps around the insert and I dont boost day time ones, so I couldnt tell you where they would go in the order of things lol! If it's a pocket nappy (like the Ebay Cheapie ones) then I guess I would put the booster on top of the liner inside the pocket (if you see what I mean!)

As for your previous post about washing powder.. I use Surf with Essential Oils and have not had a problem with it on Evie's skin, but maybe for a newborn it might be worth going with Ariel Non Bio. I know a good few people use that for their nappies and it works well :) I use powder rather than liquid/tablets/gel capsules cos in my tiny little mind, I think that the powder would disperse better thru the nappies lol!

Hope that helps hun :hugs:

Aww thanks for that Mynx, I don't think I would have been brave enough to go for cloth nappies if it hadn't been for your help! Think I am finally sorted now in terms of what I need to buy and do :D thanks again! x

Aww bless ya sweetie, anything to help a fellow clothie ;)
I gotta say I had a fair amount of help from the ladies on here when I first started out a few weeks back, and we've been full time fluff 1 month today :dance: And like you, I dont think I'd have been able to do it wivout their help :thumbup:

To be honest I am new to this too and have created a few threads asking questions. I am using Napisan and Non bio at the moment (no softener) but am waiting on some soap nuts to try out :D

32 reusable nappies
reusable wipes
Wet nappy bag
Bucket for dry pailing

I think I might just do that, they look so much more fun! The thing is tho, they work out more expensive than cheeky wipes when you factor in postage and then the cost of a wet bag to take them out and about, so not sure what to do!

I'm going to order one of the Snazzy bags from Facebook to put dirty nappies in when I'm out, they look pretty good :) Just need to figure out which boosters to get now, I've read good things about Little Lamb bamboo but they come in sizes and really I wanted one that would do birth to potty to save having to spend again.

Also, which disposable/flushable liners does everyone use? If I have the nappy on with (in this order from top to bottom) flushable liner, fleece liner, insert and then booster at night is that right? :wacko: Feels like I'm going to get this all wrong at some point you know!

spuggies are just fleece (correct me if i am wrong) and cheeky wipes are terry towelling. for me, fleece is good with foam for wees but for poos i use my ones with toweling on one side and fleece on the other as i like to finish with fleece to dry. if you are not using foam and instead using solution, fleece is water proof and doesnt soak up solution. when i use a solution, i cant use my all fleece wipes. Fleece isnt great for poos, it just shifts the poo around rather than grabbing it and wiping (sorry! :lol:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->